Hold on to your hearts – October 25th is National Greasy Foods Day! Whether you prefer the more traditional greasy food like fried chicken, doughnuts, French fries and onion rings, or prefer a more adventurous fare, many Americans have a hankerin’ for a heapin’ helpin’ of their favorite greasy food. In fact, some folks prefer the greasier the better!
Let’s face it. If you can eat it, chances are pretty good you can slather it with butter, deep fry it in oil or load it up with greasy toppings. Despite the fact greasy foods are high in calories and high in fat, greasy foods can cause a myriad of problems including an upset stomach, acne, acid reflux and diarrhea. While greasy foods are not healthy for you or your waistline, they sure do taste good.
Check out the greasy spoon recipes listed below. Then get back to the old diet tomorrow!
25 Ultimate Greasy Food Recipes
- Greasy Chicken – The name says it all!
- Fried Chicken Recipe – More than 600 fried chicken-lovers have reviewed this top-rated recipe from Ms. Paula Deen. She recommends peanut oil for this dish.
- Buffalo Wings Recipe – Alton Brown shares his Buffalo Wings recipe that one reviewer called “the best damn wings I have ever had.”
- Pizza Hut Original Pan Pizza Recipe – This copycat recipe includes homemade dough and sauce, just like Pizza Hut makes. Add your favorite ingredients to top it off and you are good to go! At just over 70 grams of fat per serving, well. ‘Nuff said!
- Who Loves Ya Baby-Back – Love ribs? Check out this recipe from Alton Brown.
- Fried Dr. Pepper Ribs – This homemade sauce calls for 2 cans of Dr.Pepper.
- Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburgers – Food Network’s Tyler Florence shares this top-rated burger recipe with you.
- Deep Fried Bacon – Speaking of bacon, this recipe calls for bacon, “quality beer”, flour, baking powder, an egg and salt. Oh my!
- Rocky Mountain Oysters – Not for the faint of heart, this recipe calls for, well, testicles. You’ll also need flour, cornmeal, seasoning, vinegar, hot sauce, oil and red wine (probably to drink before you make these!) And believe it or not, one serving is just a smidge under 200 calories!
- Blooming Onion Recipe – This popular recipe calls for a sweet onion, cayenne pepper, vegetable oil, egg, milk, paprika and a homemade dipping sauce – recipe included.
- Deep Fried Garlic – You’ll need 2 heads of garlic, Bisquick, an egg, beer, parsley, salt, marinara sauce and of course, oil.
- Best Fried Green Tomatoes – In case you’ve never tried them, here’s your chance.
- Deep Fried Pickles – This recipe calls for dill pickles, breading, an egg wash, canola oil and ranch dressing.
- Breaded Mushroom Recipe – Quick and simple to make and good to eat too.
- Copycat McDonalds Famous French Fries – Most folks love the fries at the Golden Arches. Why not try making a batch at home? You’ll need beef lard for this recipe. Oh, one more thing. Unless this is a misprint, one serving size has over 3,000 calories!
- My Homemade Potato Chips – This oven-baked recipe calls for Idaho or Yukon Gold potatoes, oil and salt and pepper.
- Chacha’s Greasy Taco – If you love tacos, and who doesn’t, check out this recipe that calls for corn tortillas, ground chuck, onion, taco seasoning, green chilies, Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, parmesan cheese and vegetable oil.
- Super Nachos Recipe – Rachael Ray shares this top-rated nacho recipe that calls for corn tortilla chips, ground sirloin, garlic, jalapeno pepper and black beans. Homemade Pico de Gallo Salsoa recipe and a Cheese Sauce recipe are included.
- Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Poppers – More than 8,000 people have saved this recipe that calls for cheddar cheese, sliced bacon and jalapeno peppers.
- Deep Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches Recipe – You’ll need smooth peanut butter, grape jelly, fresh white bread, flour, eggs, white sugar, whole milk, eggs and powdered sugar for this recipe. Don’t forget the deep fryer with vegetable oil.
- Deep Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks – Ok cheese lovers. This recipe with mozzarella cheese, eggs, seasoning and breadcrumbs, is just for you. Keep in mind, one serving has685 calories and 31 grams of fat!
- Fried Butter Balls – One reviewer called this recipe from Paula Deen, a ” little bite of Heaven.” You’ll need butter, cream cheese, all-purpose flour, an egg, bread crumbs and peanut oil for this fried food.
- Deep Fried Snickers Bar or Twinkies – If Snickers aren’t your thing, you can use Twinkies instead.
- Deep Fried Kool-Aid – Yep, you read that right – Fried Kool-Aid. Who knew?
- Deep Fried Coca-Cola – Now you can have your Coke and eat it too!
So, what’s your favorite greasy food? Do tell and pass it on! Today is also World Pasta Day! Be sure to check out these fabulous pasta dishes!
With Halloween right around the corner, be sure to check out these fun and affordable Halloween ideas to get you into the spirit.
- Halloween Fudge: Simple 2-ingredient fudge recipe for trick-or-treat time
- Top 10 ‘Howl-ween’ pet safety tips: Keep Fido and Fluffy safe on Halloween
- 35 Orange & Black Halloween Recipes – Spooky dishes, desserts, treats & cocktails
- Halloween cakes and cupcakes: 20 creepy cupcakes & “spooktacular” cakes
- 20 Halloween cocktails: Defrightful drinks, creepy cocktails and spooky shots
- Creepy treats and scary snacks ideas for Halloween
- Celebrate Halloween with 15 Creepy Movies
- Free Halloween Games
- Free Halloween Printable Projects
- Virtual Haunted Houses
- Halloween for kids: Create boo-tiful drawings with creepy coloring projects for children
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat Safety Tips: Keep little ghosts and goblins safe on Halloween
- Blood-curdling beverages, creepy cocktails and disgusting drinks for Halloween
- Free pumpkin decorating projects for a spook-tacular Halloween