Besides Chewing Gum Day, September 30 is National Mulled Cider Day, also referred to as National Hot Mulled Cider Day! While the origins of this annual holiday are unknown, folks have been sipping on mulled cider for centuries!
This delicious beverage is perfect for Halloween or a chilly fall day. Made with apple juice or cider, this drink gets its name from the word “mull”, when means adding spices to heated drinks. Loaded with flavor, this delicious beverage is flavored with all sorts of subtle and aromatic spices. Not only does this drink warm the belly and taste divine, it smells fantastic too!
And if you prefer your cider with a bit more kick, why not add a splash of rum or brandy to your drink? Chase away those winter-time blues with a warm, delicious mug of mulled cider, with or without.
Mulled Cider Recipes
- Mulled Cider Recipe – Bobby Flay, from the Food Network, shares his mulled cider recipe that calls for cinnamon sticks, allspice berries, cloves, one orange, apple cider.
- Hot Spiced Cranberry Cider – Add some twang to your cider with some cranberry juice!
- Hot Apple Cider – You’ll need apple juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, one orange and water for this simple beverage recipe.
- Mulled Cider with Sweet N Low – This cider recipe calls for Sweet N Low instead of sugar.
- Hot Mulled Cider Recipe – You’ll need unfiltered apple cider, cloves, allspice berries, nutmeg, pods of cardamom, brown sugar and cinnamon for this one.
- Mulled Cider in a Crockpot – Just pour the ingredients in a pot and forget about it!
- Crockpot Mulled Cider – Here’s another crockpot recipe.
- Spiced Apple Cider Recipe – This recipe calls for apple cider, brown sugar, lemon juice, an orange and all sorts of spices.
Spiked Cider and Apple Cocktail Recipes
- Hot Spiked Cider Recipe – This recipe, from Rachael Ray, sounds delish! You’ll need whipped cream and apple brandy for this one.
- Crockpot Mulled Cider Recipe – You’ll need honey, apple cider, spices, an orange and apple brandy for this drink. Don’t forget the crockpot!
- Hot Spiked Cider – You’ll need rum or whiskey for this drink.
- Canadian Funky Electric Cider Recipe – While this cocktail isn’t warm, it’ll still warm your tummy! You’ll need Canadian whiskey and apple cider. That’s it!
- Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails – This drink looks and sounds fabulous! You’ll need apple cider, dark rum, cinnamon schnapps, lemon and a Granny Smith apple.
- Canadian Cider Recipe – This recipe calls for whiskey, more whiskey and spiced cider.
- Seattle Sidecar Cocktail – This cocktail calls for Martinelli’s Apple Cider, Triple Sec, rum and lime juice.
- Apple Cider Cocktail – This recipe, from Williams-Sonoma, calls for Calvados, brandy, apple cider, apples, lemon juice and pure maple syrup.
- Northern Spy – You’ll need applejack, fresh apple cider, lemon juice and apricot brandy for this cocktail.
- Gingerbread Apple Martini – This cocktail recipe, from Angie Rayfield, calls for vanilla vodka, Canton Ginger Liqueur, apple cider, lemon juice, orange zest, cracker crumbs and Agave syrup.
- Mulled Wine – If you don’t like apple juice or cider, this slow-cooker recipe calls for wine instead.
- Sparkling Apple Cider Cocktail – You’ll need chilled champagne, orange bitters, apple brandy, apple cider and a sugar cube for this one.
As always, drink responsibly. Enjoy!
Speaking of Halloween, here are a few links to get you started!
- Free Halloween Stencils & Templates
- Halloween Recipe Websites – Creepy Cocktails & Defrightful Dishes
- Top 10 Halloween Costume Websites for Kids & Pets
- Visit Virtual Haunted Houses for Halloween
- Scary Ghost Stories and Creepy Paranormal Video Websites
- Celebrate Halloween with Free Printable Projects