When you’re vacationing at Walt Disney World, exercise is probably the farthest thing from your mind. After all, you’re getting exercise by walking around the theme parks, right? Maybe, but it might not be enough to work off all those Mickey bars as you keep giving in to temptation.
Fear not, because if you are staying on site at Disney World, your hotel might have a jogging path. These paths are perfect for a strenuous jog or run or even a leisurely stroll. Here’s where to find them, straight from Disney’s official listing:
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Approximate mile-long, unshaded pathway running along BoardWalk Canal
- Scenic loop around Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Disney Boardwalk Inn Resort
- 0.8 mile-long loop around Crescent Lake
- Longest course goes along Epcot Resorts Boulevard and Buena Vista Drive
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- 1.4 mile, unshaded trail along Seven Seas Lagoon
- Extended pathway continues on past the Wedding Chapel, with Magic Kingdom theme park view
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- 1.5 mile long pathway runs behind The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, taking you back to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort or to Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Scenic one-mile long trail along Seven Sea Lagoon and the perimeter of the Resort hotel grounds
- Extended pathway extends past the Tahiti building en route to the Transportation and Ticket Center, and the Fiji and Aotearoa buildings
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Shaded Fitness Trail/Bike Path runs parallel to West Wilderness Road and leads to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Scenic, paved 1.4-mile path around Barefoot Bay
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- 0.9 mile long loop along the Esplanade encircling Lago Dorado.
- Extended pathway to the Ranchos and Cabanas reveals a genuine wetlands area
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort — French Quarter and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort — Riverside
- Idyllic 0.7 mile paved jogging trail along the Sassagoula River
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- 1.5 mile long winding trail through the woods, past the canal and golf course, beginning at the entrance to Conch Flats
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Approximately 1.0 mile long paved jogging trail
Be careful when jogging in Florida, especially in the summer. Bring water with you and drink it frequently to prevent dehydration. Stop to rest as needed, or adjust your pace to fit with the weather. Very early mornings and evenings are the best times for intense physical activity on hot days.
If you’re coming to Disney World for the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, you’ll definitely need the workout. Click here for some effective sampling strategies.