Fall is coming and this means time for the holidays and festive activities. Most Utah stores have now put up their displays of Halloween costumes and kids are getting anxious to dress up and go trick-or-treating.
As parents, costumes is one of those annual things you put a lot of thought into. Whether you’re one that dresses up just the kids or dresses as a family theme, Halloween costumes can be a lot of fun. The more traditional or creative the costume, really depends on the individual’s interest.
Stores Near SLC with Costumes
- Halloween Stores: Places like Halloween Express, Spirit Halloween, and Halloween City have a wide variety of kids, adults and family-themed costumes.
- Toys R Us has a good variety of costumes, from babies to adults. Some are sold in stores and others online only so check out the website before you go! One helpful source for ideas is Toys R Us lists of the top 10 Halloween costumes. The top 3 baby costumes are Transformers Bumblebee, Princess Jasmine and Sock Monkey. The top 3 boys costumes are Green Lantern, Captain America and Thor. The top 3 girls costumes are Angelica Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice in Wonderland and Disney Princess.
- Disney Store: If your child is a huge Disney fan, he may like to dress up as one of his favorite Disney characters from the Disney Store (local store in the Orem University Mall). Sure to be popular this year are costumes from Pirates of the Caribbean, Tangled, Toy Story and Disney Princesses. This store also carries sizes newborn to adult.
- Children’s Place has a few adorable costumes for boys and girls. The boys costumes are a Knight, Race Car Driver, Astronaut, Monster and Cowboy. The girls costumes are a princess, lady bug, rocker, fairy and bumblebee.
- Cost Co: There is a wide variety of kids costumes available at your Salt Lake City Cost Co store. Available in stores only while supplies last, they have a fun variety of costumes for baby, including fun animals. There are also costumes for girls, including a princess and mermaid. Rumor has it they had some super hero costumes at first, but they went quick. Check out your local Cost Co for great deals on kids costumes.
- Old Navy: What’s great about stores like Old Navy is the costumes tend to be very unique. How about a cupcake, strawberry shark or hamburger? You will also find some darling character shirts and other festive clothing on the website and in stores. Also check out Gap.com.
- Crazy 8: Located at the Layton Hills Mall or in Sandy, Crazy 8 has some fun Halloween clothing this year. From Halloween T-shirts to Tutu’s, headbands and accessories, this store has affordable mix-and-match sorta items to make your child’s costume unique. They also have a Fire Chief costume as well as Fairy Pricness and 20’s Flapper.
- DIY Costumes: If you’re on a budget, there are plenty of ways to make your own costumes or put together items from around your home. Check out these ideas, including Miss Universe, Road Trip and Smartie Pants on Disney Family Fun. Another idea is to trade costumes among family or friends.
- Other local stores that carry kids costumes include, Pottery Barn Kids, Gymboree, Target, Walmart, K-Mart, as well as online at Amazon.
Know of other great places that have kids costumes? Add your ideas in the comments section.
You can find more articles from this Examiner on Facebook at Utah Family Life and her About Me page. Subscribe to receive email updates of Debi’s articles by clicking the “Subscribe” link above.