Cyclocross Clinic presented by NYCROSS.com
Location: Prospect Park, Troy, NY
When: Saturday, September 10, 2011
Online registration closes Thursday, September 08, 2011 at 5:00 PM ET
This is a great clinic for first timer cross racers!
The clinic will cover a wide range of skills and topics needed for cross racing including:
– Proper technique for:
– rapidly dismounting your bike at barriers
– remounting your bike
– shouldering your bike at run ups
– high speed cornering on grass, mud and other surfaces
– sand pits
– short steep hills
– long, lung busting run ups
– Training methods for cross including:
– skill building drills
– weekly workout regimines for building speed on a cross course
– mental preparation and race tactics
– warming up for a cross race
– proper nutrition and hydration while racing cross
– Bike set up:
– Tubulars vs. Clinchers
– How many gears?
– light vs. strong. vs cheap parts
– fit suggestions
The clinic will run from 10:00 am until 1pm and be divided into a short question and answer period, drills developing individual cross skills, a short mock race where students will have the opportunity to link the individual skills they’ve learned together on a short cross course, and a final Q&A period.
Spots are limited so register today!
– Google Map: 310 Congress Street, Troy New York 12180 .
– From the North/South: I-787 to Exit 9E. East on off ramp towards Troy (RT 7). Travel East on RT 7 to Troy, entering Troy, make a right onto Eighth Street at the light at the end of the RT 7 Bridge. Follow Eighth Street to its end and make a left onto Congress Street. Prospect Park is on your right, .3 miles after the intersection of Eighth and Congress.
– From the West: RT 7 east to Troy, follow directions above.
– From Vermont: RT 7 West towards Troy. Left on Woodlawn Ct (Rt 133). Right on RT 2. Follow RT 2 to Troy. RT 2 becomes Congress St at the intersection of Pawling Ave. and RT 2 in Troy. Stay on RT 2/Congress St, Prospect Park is on your left, .5 miles from the intersection of RT 2 and Pawling Ave.
– From Mass.: Take RT 2 out of Willimastown, to Troy. Follow instructions above.
– From CT: I-90 west to I-87. I-87 North to Exit 23 for I-787. Follow directions above for from the South.
Contact: Eric Schillinger at [email protected]
* This clinic is targeted at beginners. Discussion and drills will be structured for first timers. Experienced cross racers are welcome to try and unlearn the bad habits and brush up on skills too!
** Riders must have a USA Cycling license for insurance purposes. One day licenses are available for $5.