So far, it’s a Tuscan, Pinot, and Owner’s choice tasting Friday!
Still three to hear from, so the link will be updated as the tasting information appears. Watch for the Saturday tasting schedule that will appear tomorrow, for this weekend!
Enjoy, and just like wine, sharing this information may bring you some friends to taste with!
Remember to enjoy while being safe.
2901 NE Alberta Street
Portland, OR 97211
2010 WILLAMETTE VALLEY PINOT NOIR
FRIDAY, October 28th • 4pm – 7pm
$10 tasting fee · Drop in tasting, No Reservations Needed
14740 NW Cornell Road #90
Portland, Oregon 97229
Friday Night Tastingsrun from 4:30 until 7:00.
Friday October 28 – Toscana
1520 NE Alberta
Portland, OR 97211
Friday night flights (5-9pm)
Garrisons Fine Wines
1401 SE Morrison, Portland (503) 233 8060
October 28th 5-7:30 PM
Owner’s Picks $15
“This Friday’s tasting will include some great new releases that don’t fit anywhere else. There is a new Chateauneuf du Pape from Domaine Villeneuve hailing from the great 2009 vintage. This domaine is similar to Clos des Papes and Le Vieux Donjon, for the fact that they just focus on a one CDP versus multiple cuvees. If you are a fan of Sancerre, I will be pouring a 2010 Sancerre from a micro-producer that I found to be outstanding for its clean bright acidity and citrus flavors. This along with the rest; Jura Rose, Washington Syrah and a Bandol will make the weekend start off in the right way.”
2010 Domaine de L’Octavin
Arbois ‘Cul rond la cuisse rose’
2010 Vincent Gaudry Sancerre ‘Le Tournebride’
2007 Pomum Syrah Columbia Valley
2004 Domaine La Badiane Terres Noires Bandol
2009 Domaine de Villeneuve Chateauneuf du Pape
3535 SW Multnomah Blvd
Portland, OR 97219; store phone: 503-244-2617.
Wine order hot-line voice mail: 503-203-3384
Email orders preferred: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, October 28th our “Friday Tasting” …. 5:00 – 7:00 pm… only a $5.00 fee …always ends at 7 pm sharp! Tasting summary: Variety, value! Friday… 6 wines
1) “Apremont” Pierre Boniface 2010 Vin de Savoie $9.99 dry white France ; Made with the jacquere grape, this fresh light wine has a delicate minerality – it’s aroma is like a breeze from freshly rained-upon stones. The palate is a similarly delicate play of lemon squeezed on lightly nuanced orchard fruit, finishing crisply tender-dry. It contains only 11.5 percent alcohol and is a great aperitivo. This is a great companion to fish, especially shellfish, goat cheese appetizers, simply-prepared roast chicken, and of course coming from Savoie, a perfect match for fondue.
2) “le Gemme” Brunori –Verdicchio 2009 Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi DOC $9.99 -dry white Italy
This dry Italian white from Le Marche area of Italy has lots of broad fruit flavors and minerality on the palate, with beautiful aromatics, and a lovely nutty-almondy finish.
3)” Coelho Winery 2009 Pinot Noir, Oregon, Willamette Valley $18.99 dry red Oregon; This is a winery more people should know about. This wine shows the balance Oregon wines should have, a harmony of fruit, acid, and savory undertones.
4) “Angeline” 2009 Pinot Noir Reserve 2009 $11.99 dry red California
This Pinot Noir made by fabled Martin Ray Winery is aged in French oak barrels for 10 months and has intense aromas of ripe plum, blackberry, cherry -highlighted by spice and toasty oak.
5) “Cautivo” Heredad de Baroja — 2008 Rioja ‘Madurado’ Tempranillo $9.99 dry red Spain; Earth and fruit marry in this satisfying tempranillo. This is a deal in great value Tempranillo.
6) “Rapido” 2010 Sangiovese – Puglia IGT $7.99 dry red Italy; This is an everyday “pizza and pasta red” that really delivers the goods.”
Mt Tabor Fine Wines
4316 SE Hawthorne Blvd
Portland, OR 97215
Fridays between 4 pm and 7:30 pm
October 28th : Oregon Pinot Noir. ($15)
“It’s about time to check in on the latest from our own world famous wines from the Willamette Valley.”
Portland Wine Merchants
1430 SE 35th Avenue
Portland, OR 97214
REIGNING RHONES! Featuring Ch. Du Papes, Gigondas, Crozes Hermitage & more! $15.00!
$10 for tasting, more for the additional Premium Pours
Woodstock Wine & Deli
4030 SE Woodstock Blvd
Friday Sept 17, 6:30-9PM
“Here’s Jerry’s Friday night tasting lineup. This one is really a great example of Grenache produced from various regions and will be very educational. I have included a Chateauneuf du Pape that has been stashed in our wine room as a bonus pour if there’s interest. I recently cracked open a pristine case that we bought on pre-arrival when the wine was released, and it is a stunning example of a great Vieux Telegraphe, one of the marks from the region that others are judged by.”
Wines to be Sampled Friday Night:
Leo Vinis – St. Tropez Rose 2010 – Provence, FR
St. Cosme – Little James Basket Press Grenache N.V. – Rhone, FR
Dragonia – Old Vine Grenache 2009 – Carinena, SP
Argiolas – Costera Cannonau 2008 – Sardinia, IT
Abacela Cellars – Garnacha 2008 – Roseburg, OR
Soaring Rooster – Grenache 2009 – Wahluke Slope, WA
Tir Na N’og – Old Vine Grenache 2006 – McLaren Vale, AU
Bonus Pour (if there’s interest price TBA) – Dom. du Vieux Telegraphe 2001 Chateauneuf du Pape Slainte – McGoo
World Class Wines
269 A Avenue
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
“Tuscanyand Southern Italy with special guest, Tim from Mitchell Wines”