If you have ever been in the restaraunt business, or spent a good deal of time in the Southpark area of Charlotte, back in the glory days of restaurant heaven over there, you are most likely familiar with alot of the old staples. Manzetti’s, Nobles, Montford Drive and the establishments that pepper both side of the street. One of the most famous, or rather infamous locations for the nighlife was Fairview grill.
Wood paneled interior, a wide open entry with enough room for a healthy band setup, standing bars in the middle, and a bartending crew that not only remembered your name, but your drink and your favorite bite to eat as well. The days of establishments with this level of neighborhood appeal seems to be on the wane, but rest assured, after a few minor changes, the addition of a massive patio and a slight expansion to the menu, Fairview is back, but we know it better as Lucky Lou’s Tavern.
Offering a fare of everything from cheesesticks to Jager-bombs, this neighborhood grill has been an after-work spot for people as long as there has been nightlife on Park rd. The live music is always good, the service is fast, friendly, and when you need a 3 finger pour of your favorite Scotch or Tequlia, look no further. Lou’s has it all and then some.
The bartenders have been there since back in the Fairview days, and walking in you would swear it was the origional location. You’ll find your old familiar bartenders and waitresses, lunches served up quick and hot for people on the go, widescreen TV’s for enjoying your favorite sporting events, Golden Tee golf, Ping pong out back or maybe just a friendly game of cornhole over a cold pint at the end of the work day.
Regardless of your social needs, dollars to pounds says you’ll find it there. The clientele ranges from yuppies in thousand dollar suits to the fellow who just hooked up your internet, and they all have one thing in common. Lou’s is their home away from home. At the least, a quick stop of comfort after a long day.
If you get a chance to stop by and experince this little piece of Charlottean americana, do yourself a favor. Try the cheese sticks, nachos or chili cheese fries. The menu fits the style of bar perfectlyl, not to mention being pretty darn tasty to boot.
Daily events and specials list:
- Monday – $2 Miller Lite Bottles / $3.50 Drafts / $5 Jagers
- “Big Blues” Tuesday – House Band “Fairplay” Live at 8:30pm / 1/2 Price appetizers from 4-7pm / $3 Blue Moons / $4.50 Royal Flushes
- “Retro Wednesdays” $4.50 liquor drinks “Crown and down” / $3 Imports / $2 Domestic Bottles with Open Mic & S.I.N. Party hosted by Milcrest Entertainment
- “Lucky Lady” Thursday – LAdies night / $2.50 Coors Light / $3 Wines / $3 Well drinks (Ladies only)
- “TGI” Friday – 50% Of all appetizers from 4-7 / $2.25 Bud Lights / $4 Gatorade shots. Live Music with a new band every week beginning at 9pm.
- Saturday – $2.50 Miller Lites / $4 Lemon Drops / Karaoke at 10pm with “Chubby”
- Sunday – $2 Coors Light / $5 Jagers
As an added bonus which is more than any reasonable sports nut can ask for, they also provide full Pro and College football packages on Saturdays and Sundays.
Just make sure you say hi to Sal behind the bar when you walk in, tip well, and try a Fat Tire on draft for the first time. We need to all do ourselves a favor and find these little neighborhood holes in the wall. Frequent them and support them, after all, it’s places like this that make our Queen City the true royalty it is.
Lucky Lou’s Tavern
5124 Park Rd. 28209
Location Main Features:
• $6 and $7 Lunch Plate options from 11:30am-3pm Monday-Saturday
• Open 7 days per week from 11:30am to 2am, serving food ’til 1am
• Plenty of Hi-Def TVs with both Pro & College viewing packages…
• Free Wi-Fi for those “on-the-go”
• Pool Tables, Video Games, ie. Golden Tee, Trivia, Silver Strike
• Covered Outdoor Deck & Patio, with TVs & Seating
• Ping pong, CornHole in our outdoor spaces
• Live music, Karaoke, and Open Mic Night to entertain.