As hotel chains keep signing new agreements to open countless hotels in Greater China, how do you know which ones are offering the utmost in luxury accommodations?
You can start your research by utilizing local resources like the TTG China Travel Awards, regarded as one of the most prestigious travel award platforms in China’s travel and tourism industry. TTG China award winners represent the best in various hotel and travel categories that service greater China.
To give you an idea of some of the best luxury hotels in China, here’s a look at some of the award winners for 2011:
Hotel Chain Awards
- Best Global Hotel Chain Operating in Greater China: InterContinental Hotels Group
- Best Luxury Hotel Brand in Greater China: The Ritz-Carlton
Individual Luxury Hotel Awards
- Best Luxury Hotel in Beijing: Raffles Beijing Hotel
- Best Luxury Hotel in Shanghai: Park Hyatt Shanghai
- Best Luxury Hotel in Guangzhou: The Ritz-Carlton Guangzhou
- Best Luxury Hotel in Shenzhen: InterContinental Shenzhen
- Best Luxury Hotel in Hong Kong: The Peninsula Hong Kong
- Best Luxury Hotel in Macau: Grand Hyatt Macau
Other award categories include luxury finds as well. Here are some of the other categories’ winners (not all hotels listed may be five-star accommodations and are just included for reference).
Best New Hotel Awards
- Best New Hotel in Beijing: Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport
- Best New Hotel in Shanghai: Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund
- Best New Hotel in Shenzhen: Oasis O City Hotel Shenzhen
- Best New Hotel in Hong Kong: L’hotel Island South
- Best New Hotel in Macau: Mandarin Oriental Macau
Best Business Hotel Awards
- Best Business Hotel in Beijing: Grand Millennium Beijing
- Best Business Hotel in Shanghai: Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao
- Best Business Hotel in Guangzhou: The Garden Hotel Guangzhou
- Best Business Hotel in Shenzhen: Crowne Plaza Shenzhen
- Best Business Hotel in Hong Kong: Langham Place Mongkok, Hong Kong
- Best Business Hotel in Macau: MGM Macau
For more information on other winners, please see the TTG China Travel Awards website.
To keep up on the latest luxury travel news, please subscribe via email or RSS feed, and connect with me on Twitter @poohstraveler.
Interested in just more than luxury lodging? Be sure to stop by my other travel topics too: