Walt Disney World is a popular place to spend New Years Eve. The Magic Kingdom and Epcot are particularly popular New Years parks, but Disney’s Hollywood Studios hosts a special fireworks event too. Here’s what you can do at each of the three parks (there is no New Years event at Disney’s Animal Kingdom):
- Magic Kingdom presents special pyrotechnics in two separate holiday shows: “Wishes” nighttime spectacular with a holiday overlay at 8:30 p.m. and “Fantasy in the Sky” at 11:51 p.m.
- Epcot‘s “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” incorporates a salute to the new year with two shows, at 7 p.m. and 11:42 p.m., putting the finale just in time for the new year.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the 25-minute “Fantasmic!” show, combining water, fire, lights, lasers, fireworks and music, will be presented at 6:30 and 8 p.m. Then you can see the “Lights! Camera! Happy New Year!” fireworks display at midnight if you stick around to welcome in 2012.
If you don’t want to brave the theme park crowds, there are plenty of other events around the Disney World resort. Here’s a quick sampling:
- At Cirque du Soleil, the audience at the Dec. 31 performances get a limited-edition Walt Disney World/Cirque trading pin. There are two shows, starting at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. respectively. For pricing and more information, call 407-WDW-SEAT.
- If you’re a registered guest at select Disney hotels, you’ll have special holiday music and entertainment right at your resort For example, Narcoosee’s restaurant at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will have a four-course dining experience for $149, plus a DJ, balloon artist, and special fireworks viewing at 8:30 and 11:51.
- Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort is holding a special New Years Eve party, starting at 8 p.m. and running all the way until 2 a.m. It will feature video DJ Tony Zapulla.
For specific information about other holiday dining offerings at Disney resort hotels on Dec. 31, call 407-WDW-DINE.
Disney World has a long Thanksgiving/Christmas season that starts very soon. Click here for all the holiday offerings leading up to New Years Eve. Click here to read more of my articles, and click here to follow me on Twitter. Click here to sign up for my pets newsletter if you love animals, and click here for my Pet Supplies & Product Reviews site on About.com. I’ve taken over 80 Disney cruises and can book yours and give you a special stateroom credit. Visit www.dclexpert.com.