Can you believe that the rose in the picture at the left was actually made from a regular old coffee filter?
But that is not all. Atlanta housewives and even Atlanta house-husbands are looking for ways to save every penny they can; and the following list sent all the way from Texas to Atlanta can certainly give you a lot of ideas. Perhaps you will send it even furthr around the nation.
You can buy cheaper coffee filters here in Atlanta at the dollar type stores; and even save when you are just using them for your morning coffee.
Not sure about the quoted price given with this list; but they are cheaper than buying them in the regular grocery. SAMS and other wholesale places (in and near Atlanta) also sells them cheaper.
“Who knew? And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree for $1.00 – even the large ones. Here are some uses…maybe you can add to the list!
Check this list for Dollar Tree Stores in metro-Atlanta” http://www.bing.com/local/us/ga/lithonia/?what=dollar+tree&q=dollar+tree+lithonia%2c+ga%2c+us&ac=False&mkt=en-us&FORM=LLSV
Instructions for making the roses can be found at the link below. I personally have made many more varieties of beautiful flowers using this technique and making my own patterns. I have made Iris, Roses, Daisies, Buttercups, and many other varieties.
Uses for the common coffee filter: (The idea for wrapping Christmas ornaments for storage is one of my favorites).
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome… Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters..
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them.. It soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great “razor nick fixers.”
15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliquéing soft fabrics.
16. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups and stews.
18 Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
20. Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies.. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
22. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
23. Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a zip-lock plastic bag until they sprout.
24. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book..
25. Use as a disposable “snack bowl” for popcorn, chips, etc.
OH YEAH…… THEY ARE GREAT TO USE IN YOUR COFFEE MAKERS, TOO
Directions for making these beautiful roses check out:
Atlanta Woman to Woman strives to post articles of interest to women in various categories from health and family issues to informative articles like this one. You can received each new article as it is published by subscribing. It is free. You can use the “Share” button to let others know about these articles.