Halloween cakes and fall desserts like Pumpkin Whoopie Pies and Pumpkin Cake need an equally delicious filling—and who doesn’t like Marshmallow Fluff and cream cheese filling? If you’re a Fluffernutter fan, you’ll love this easy marshmallow filling. But don’t stop at Pumpkin Whoopie Pies and Pumpkin Cake. Try filling chocolate whoopie pies and these Halloween cupcakes too!
SHOPPING FOR INGREDIENTS IN RHODE ISLAND
Find everything you need for this Marshmallow Fluff whoopie pie filling recipe with cream cheese at Whole Foods Market, Dave’s Marketplace, Stop & Shop, and Shaw’s stores throughout the Providence, Rhode Island area.
Marshmallow Fluff Whoopie Pie Filling for Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- 4 ounces (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 4 ounces (1/2 small block) cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup powdered confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to Make Marshmallow Fluff Filling
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and cream cheese on medium speed. Add marshmallow fluff and beat until fluffy. Scrape down bowl.
- Turn mixer to low, and add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy and free of lumps.
- Spread the flat side of the cookies with Whoopie Pie filling. Top with another pumpkin cookie, pressing down very lightly to seal.
- Store Pumpkin Whoopie Pies in a large flat container, preferably in a single layer. If stacked, parchment paper can be used to separate the layers, However, the Whoopie Pies have a tendency to stick to the paper. If this happens, just dust the tops with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make 12 good size Pumpkin Whoopie Pies!
Click the SUBSCRIBE button above to receive spam-free email alerts and never miss a recipe! Check out my blog, Spatulas & Corkscrews for more delicious recipes, reviews & giveaways! Follow Spatulas_Corks on Twitter!
Copyrighted photo and recipe Marshmallow Fluff whoopie pie filling recipe with cream cheese, are owned by Donna Diegel. Permission to republish Marshmallow Fluff whoopie pie filling recipe with cream cheese in print or online must be granted by the author in writing.