It used to be that you can stop by McDonalds and at least be able to eat their French fries, but no more. According to the latest gluten free menu, you can have a burger patty with the lettuce, tomato and even some condiments on it, but you can’t have your fries to go with it. You can have a shake though. Thank goodness for small favors. Apparently the French fries have a wheat coating on them. Take a moment to peruse the latest McDonald’s gluten free menu, if you haven’t lately. Then, go below for our homemade hamburger that us Celiacs have to make. The normal people out there can rejoice that anytime they want a burger quick, there is one to be had. Most Celiacs don’t have that luxury but maybe one day.
McDonald’s Gluten-Free Menu Items
· Apple Juice
· Hot Chocolate
· 1% Low Fat Milk, White or Chocolate
· Orange Juice
· Soft Drinks
· Chocolate Triple Thick® Shake
· Strawberry Triple Thick® Shake
· Vanilla Triple Thick® Shake
· Chicken McNugget® Honey
· Chicken McNugget® Hot Mustard Sauce
· Hotcake Syrup
· Tartar Sauce
· Apple Dippers and Low Fat Caramel Dip
· American Cheese
· Beef Patty (no bun)
· Breakfast Beef Steak
· Canadian Bacon
· Fruit ‘n Yogurt Parfait (no granola)
· Ice Cream Sundaes including nuts
· McFlurry® with M&M’S® Candies
· Scrambled Egg
· Caesar Salad w/o Chicken
· Side Salad
· Newman’s Own® Creamy Caesar Dressing
· Newman’s Own® Cobb Dressing
· Newman’s Own® Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette
· Newman’s Own® Ranch Dressing
· Newman’s Own® Salsa
Ingredients for Hamburger, fries and shake:
- 1 pound ground meat
- olive oil
- vanilla yogurt
- vanilla powder
- maple syrup
- Udi’s buns
Note: The maple syrup, Udi’s buns, milk and olive oil was purchased at Drug Emporium. The rest of the ingredients were purchased at Walmart on Pinhook Rd., Lafayette La.
1 lb ground meat
Seasonings of your choice
Udi’s hamburger buns
- Fry up patties in pan, place on toasted bun (toasted on a black iron grill) then place the condiments of your choice on the burger. Condiments: onions, cheese, lettuce, tomatoe, ketchup, mayo, mustard. Makes 4 hamburgers.
5 potatoes (can be sweet potatoes or regular white potatoes)
- Wash then slice evenly. Fry in hot oil
Homemade Vanilla Shake
1 cup milk
2 tbsp vanilla yogurt
Ice (fill up the blender)
Vanilla powder or gluten free vanilla
1 tbsp of sugar or maple syrup
- Blend until smooth. Makes 2 large shakes.
You’ll never take another hamburger for granted again. Enjoy!
Note: McDonald’s doesn’t guarantee anything is gluten free at their restaurant. This is to protect them from anything legal that might be used against them. Truth be told, only a PURE gluten free facility can guarantee anything and even then they are only as gluten free as their suppliers.
- If you would like to receive this article in your email box, click Subscribe link at the top or the Get My Newsletter link at the bottom. If you would like to see more articles by this writer, click here or click the RSS feed button at the bottom. I’m also on Facebook, Digg, Stumbleupon and Twitter. Feel free to share my articles. Email me at Krissie59@yahoo.com for suggestions or questions.
©KrisDuBoisBest, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a knotmove.com. A link back or a partial story with a link back is permitted.
Suggested by the author:
- Krissie’s bread #30 – gluten free
- This or That – Taco Bell or homemade tacos
- Bibi’s Patisserie – Gluten free/sugar free pastry shop
- Organic Homemade Yogurt
- The “Best” gluten free muffins