The city of Seattle is a great place to live for the budget meal-minded. We have a plethora of places to procure fresh, varied, healthy, cost-friendly ingredients that is mostly due to our diverse cultural population. Each week I offer my personal meal plan. This plan is only to help spur your imagination and give you a guide from which to work. This plan is dinner only, however many meals can be stretched to breakfast and lunch as leftovers. I try to balance cost as it relates to the city of Seattle and its borders, flavor and health the best I can.
You will find that the last two meals will always be something of the vegetarian variety.
My personal grocery budget falls somewhere between $7-$10 per meal. All the meals suggested should fall into that range wherever you shop nationwide, but the cost here is specifically of relevance to Seattle stores and those on its borders.
If this is your first time reading one of my weekly meal plans, you may want to read a couple of my articles to help you plan and shop.
Meal planning part I : The basics
Meal planning part II: The shopping plan
Look at my other sample meal plans to mix and match yours. You can download my personal meal plan and grocery list template here. You can also find a complete list of links to my own recipes at Index of recipes from the Seattle Budget Meals Examiner and Index of recipes II.
Meal plan for the week of 10-24
Don’t forget the soup course to lower your budget and enhance your health!
- Not-so-out-of-bounds nachos (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
- Souse Soup (spicy pig ear soup) *find the ingredients at 99 Ranch Market, Uwajimaya or HT Market (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
- Buffalo chicken salad (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
- Baked steelhead with apple, cranberry and squash stuffing (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
- Beef Stroganoff (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner) / spinach salad
- Budget Krab Rangoon (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)/Hot and sour soup (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
- Sweet potato tempeh stew (Beverly Hills Vegetarian Examiner)
Meal plan & grocery list template pdf.
Stocks: Increasing the value of your grocery investment (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
Poultry parts: What can you do with them? (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
Seattle area markets and services provided (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
When grocery delivery is cost effective (Seattle Budget Meals Examiner)
99 Ranch Market Seattle-Edmonds (Asian grocery)
HT Oaktree Market – Seattle
Uwajimaya – Downtown Seattle