The second day of the Conrad Murray trial took place today, and it was a big day. Family members of Michael Jackson were present today as they were yesterday, and there were 3 new witnesses that were called to testify today, and Paul Gongaware continued his testimony. A total of 4 witnesses took to the witness stand today. One such witness today was Kathy Jorrie, an attorney hired by AEG to draft the contract that would be signed to obtain Conrad Murray for his medical services on what would have been the This Is It tour in England. Jorrie touched upon some very noteworthy things.
While testifying, Jorrie was questioned on a number of topics, and some of the most noteworthy things are as follows:
- Jorrie was requested to draft the contract for services between Conrad Murray and Michael Jackson by AEG Live
- Jorrie had email and telephonic contact with Conrad Murray to discuss the contract, and make any revisions that were requested by Murray
- Murray was requesting $150,000 a month
- Conrad Murray signed the contract, by AEG and Michael Jackson never signed
- Conrad Murray allegedly wanted a medical assistant to assist with taking care of Michael Jackson on tour
- Conrad Murray requested a CPR machine
- Jorrie stated that being concerned over Murray’s request for a CPR machine, she questioned the doctor on Jackson’s health, and Conrad Murray repeatedly assured her that Michael Jackson was “perfectly healthy”, including the day before his death, June 24, 2009
- Jorrie requested medical records for the insurance company, and Murray stated that his medical records would be “very tiny” due to Jackson having a limited amount of things that he needed treatment for while under Murray’s care
- Conrad Murray agreed to provide medical records
One of the main things that stood out in Jorrie’s testimony, is the fact that she had expressed concern to Conrad Murray, asking him why a CPR machine was necessary. She alleges that Murray repeatedly assured her that Michael Jackson was in perfect health, and that the CPR machine would just be for a precaution, because he would be exerting himself during his performances.
What do you think of what Kathy Jorrie said today on the witness stand? Are you following the Conrad Murray trial? What do you think has been the most powerful moment in the trial thus far?
For the latest in news on Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson and the entire Jackson family, simply click the “Subscribe” button on the top of the page. Notifications of all the latest news will be delivered to your inbox.
Follow the Jackson Family Examiner on Twitter.
Be sure to add the Jackson Family Examiner on Facebook.