There are only two dates left for the annual Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Park, in Anaheim California – Friday Oct. 28 and Monday Oct. 31st. Get your tickets early, as last Friday sold out long before the day.
This is a perfect event to take the family, as there is something for every age, some are real scary, some are not. Here are the scar ones first –
1. Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy where creepy cosmic creatures lurk behind every corner, and the darkest regions of space and time becomes a ghostly netherworld filled with screams.
2. Enter the mysterious Hollywood Tower Hotel, in Disney’s Adventure Park, but come prepared for ghostly encounters with the hotels “otherworld patrons”, where the “service elevators” ridden by guests move faster than the speed of gravity
3. The Haunted Mansion is all decked out in Christmas horror action, which is designed to scare. Based on Tim Burton’s “The Night before Christmas” which was used, as the inspiration, to transform the Haunted Mansion to Halloween Town, where terror reigns.
4. With the coming of darkness there is Halloween Screams featuring Jack Skellington as the shows Host – flames, fireworks and music all come together to make this a show, you won’t want to miss. Also remember it is only shown during Mickey’s Halloween Party.
This being a family show, there are lots of not-too-scary things to see and do, such as –
1. Main Street U.S.A is always the place to be, but this year it is more important than ever – see the 12-foot high Mickey jack-o-lantern complete with pumpkin ears – it is one of the main attractions. There are also over 300 carved pumpkins on display in the shop windows, and next to the “Partners” statue of Walt and Mickey are numerous Disney character pumpkins.
2. Kids can get up close and personal at the Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Roundup, where they can visit the barnyard animals at the “Critter Coral”; meet the Sherrifs -Woody and Jessie; and enjoy the Arts & Crafts booths.
3. In Adventure Park, with the coming of dusk, The World of Color combines fountains, movie projections and lighting effects, to produce the perfect spectaclar autumn show. The 25 minute show can be seen at 9 and 10:15 PM.
Everyone is invited to Mickey’s Halloween Party where there are lots more “fun things” – then mentioned here. When you are getting your tickets – remember it requires a serperate ticket to attend the party. With only 9 days left, don’t be dissappointed, bring the family, there is fun for everyone.
Tickets can be purchased online at http://disneyland.disney.go.com/special-offers/mickeys-halloween-party/ .