Mobile, AL – Unbelievable, crazy, implausible, amazing – they all apply to a 12 wk-old Pit bull puppy named Blue.
Blue wound up in emergency surgery at the Rehm Animal Hospital after he decided to chew (apparently EAT) on a garden flag pole.
The pup was chewing on the metal rod when it got stuck, and he started to gag; instead of the reflex pushing the long pole out of his body, it went further in.
His owners were unable to free the rod on their own – next step – a rushed trip to the veterinarian.
Blue’s veterinarian had to use bolt cutters during surgery to remove the pole which was as long as the dog.
It doesn’t seem possible, but this endearing pup is going to be just fine. (Click here to view video)
Veterinarian Chris Rehm has seen dogs eat some crazy objects over the course of the past 30 years, but never anything this long.
Blue made it through surgery without complication and he is already feeling well enough to eat again – hopefully no more poles!
Did you miss? Bones
If you would like to continue receiving dog-related articles, including the latest news, tips and advice, please click the Subscribe Icon. It’s free and anonymous. Thank you for reading and thank you for sharing this story with others.
Story ideas can be shared at Eims1@live.com (I’m human, if you see a typo, please let me know).
Follow the National Dog News Examiner on Facebook!
To view all recent articles, simply click “Penny Eims” highlighted in blue at the top of this article – a full listing of articles will be shown.
Continue reading on knotmove.com A baby is safe today – National Dogs | knotmove.com http://knotmove.com/dogs-in-national/a-baby-is-safe-today?CID=examiner_alerts_article#ixzz1ZRW6bNEJ