Below are the top ten bestsellers for the week ending October 21, 2011, at Mostly Books, an independent Tucson bookstore.
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – This is the first book in the Hunger Games series.
2. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand – This book is about Louie Zamperini, who was a juvenile deliquent, Olympic runner, and Army hero.
3. Damned by Chuck Palahniuk – This is a novel about a 13-year-old ending up in hell and trying to make the best of it.
4. Snuff: A Novel of Discworld by Terry Pratchett – This is part of the Discworld books.
5. The Son of Neptune: The Heroes of Olympus, Book 2 by Rick Riordan – This is the newest book in Riordan’s second series featuring Camp Half-Blood.
6. The Help by Kathryn Stockett – This novel is about the black maids who raised white kids in Mississippi during the civil rights era.
7. A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1 by George R.R. Martin – This is the first of a projected 6 book fantasy series.
8. The Red Queen: A Novel by Philippa Gregory – This is a historical fiction novel about Margaret Beaufort.
9. Triangles: A Novel by Ellen Hopkins – This book is about three woman, mid-life crisises, and love triangles.
10. Toys by James Patterson and Neil McMahon – This is a thriller about saving humans from extinction.
Click the “Subscribe to get instant updates” under article title above to get alerts of new Tucson Book Examiner articles by e-mail.