Here’s your opportunity to munch on German potato salad, pickled herring and bratwurst and drinking beer with the ice crew from the LA Kings.
Where: at Culver City’s “Third Wednesdays” event, October 19 from 5 PM to 9 PM.
WHAT: every 3rd Wednesday the burgeoning Los Angeles suburb bursts with entertainment, food, action and excitement. In two weeks it’s Oktoberfest the music of Raving Polka, and a special appearance by the LA Kings Ice Crew—with the custom Kings Ice Rider—giving away Kings freebies and holding a free raffle for Kings signed merchandise.
Enjoy drink and dine specials, free samples, discounts and prize giveaways from over 30 area dining establishments and merchants. Culver City’s downtown area is Southern California’s best kept secret, featuring a wonderful mix of historic buildings, boutiques, theaters, galleries, and unique restaurants opening on to tree-lined streets. Parking is free in municipal structures for up to two hours, or valet parking is available at three convenient Downtown locations.
Wednesday, Oct. 19 from 5 pm – 9 pm
(Future dates: Nov. 16 & Dec. 21, 2011; Jan. 18, Feb. 15, March 21, April 18, May 16, June 20, July 18, Aug, 15, Sept. 19, Oct. 17, Nov. 21, & Dec. 19, 2012)
- Raving Polka – outside on the patio at Ford’s Filling Station
- LA Kings Ice Crew – giving away Kings freebies and holding a free raffle for Kings signed merchandise. Come see the Kings Ice Rider, a custom vehicle complete with an LA Kings-themed paint job, X-Box 360, DirecTV, Blue Ray DVD, air ride suspension and three flat screen TVs. Go Kings Go!
- Beer specials – What’s OktoberFest without beer? Come enjoy Pumpkin Beer specials at City Tavern, $5 Oktoberfest beers at Rush Street, German beer at Ford’s Filling Station and Rush Street, half-priced Belgian beer at Meet, Japanese beer specials at Sake House by Hikari, $3 Heinekin at Novecento and FREE beer at Nextspace
- Frank Sinatra Karaoke – on the patio of LaRocco’s Pizzeria
- OktoberFest After Party – On the 2nd floor patio of Rush Street- Live DJ & drink specials- 9:30 PM – Close
- Freebies, Offers, and Discounts from over 30 area merchants – For a complete list, scroll down or go to www.downtownculvercity.com
Downtown Culver City is located just south of the 10 Freeway and east of the 405, between the intersection of Culver and Washington Blvds and Dusquene Ave.
Web site: www.downtownculvercity.com.