“My Bowl” Nutrition Center
We as pet guardians struggle to understand what proper nutrition means for our beloved furry family members.
We even struggle to understand what is best for ourselves.
With all the pet food recalls, warnings and everyone else’s opinion pet guardians can feel confused and unclear as to what “proper nutrition” actually means.
Since our pets cannot “in words” tell us how they feel after each meal, we can only monitor their daily actions or reactions.
We have no idea in most cases if they are lacking something in their diet and or perhaps getting too much of something until a negative symptom raises its ugly head. It is in those times that we find ourselves having to question their lifestyles.
According to a recent pet nutrition study, 69 percent of dog owners need help understanding their dog’s nutritional needs. That is a big number.
We do not all have the luxury to consult a professional every day about our pets needs or to even answer the “craziest of questions” we might have.
So what do we do? I was recently introduced to a website that provides a lot of answers to our questions.
PetMD and Hill’s Pet Nutrition have partnered to create MyBowlfor dogs – a first of its kind interactive tool designed to put dog nutrition in terms people can understand by:
- Illustrating what’s in a balanced dog food : the proper proportions of essential nutrients dogs need – carbohydrates, protein, minerals, vitamins, fats and oils
- Educating owners about the specific benefits each nutrient delivers when fed in the right balance
- Decoding the dog food label so pet guardians not only gain an understanding but ensure their dog is receiving the proper balance of nutrients at each meal
- Choosing Raw Bones or Cooked Bones: Is this really natural and healthy
- How to Control your Pets Eating Behavior: Do they eat like it is their last meal
- Choosing the Best Feeding Method
- And so much more
My Bowl for dogs allows access to over 5,000 informational articles, slideshows and FAQ’s. It addresses questions and answers that many pet guardians have and more.
Nice to have a reference arena.
With the launch of My Bowl for Dogs
Hill’s pet food is introducing their new product called Science Diet Ideal Balance – a wholesome, meat-first, corn free pet food that is guaranteed to make a visible, healthy difference in just thirty days.
For a limited time, Hills is offering a free bag of Ideal Balance dog food, so that your dog/s can give it a try
Get your Free Bag by clicking here:
Free Bag of the New Hill’s Science Diet “Ideal Balance”
Thank you PetMD and Hills, great to have an educational outlet.