Today is all about apples. Besides World Teachers’ Day (teachers like apples, you know), Oct. 5 is also National Apple Betty Day. First mentioned in print in 1864, Apple Betty has been served up for more than one hundred years. Who can resist a warm treat comprised of the perfect combination of tart but sweet apples covered in rolled oats, butter, sugar and spices topped with a dab or two of ice cream or whipped cream?
Simple and affordable to make, this classic dessert is also known as Apple Brown Betty, Apple Crisp and Apple Crumble. But no matter what you call it, it sure is fun to eat! Check out these fabulous recipes listed below for some ideas. How ’bout them apples?
Delicious Apple Betty, Apple Crumble and Apple Crisp Recipes
- Apple Brown Betty with Ice Cream – This recipe, from Tyler Lawrence, calls for Granny Smith apples, brown and granulated sugar, lemon, brioche bread, vanilla bean ice cream and powdered sugar. Oh, you’ll need apple brandy too! ‘Nuff said!
- Apple Betty Recipe – This recipe calls for apples, orange juice, flour, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter.
- Apple Pan Betty – This recipe takes no time to make. You’ll need one apple, butter or margarine, bread cubes, sugar and cinnamon. Voila!
- Apple Betty Squares – You’ll need white sandwich bread for this one.
- Apple Crisp – This recipe, from the Food Network, calls for 10 apples, lemon, sugar, raisins, oats, brown sugar, flour and spices.
- Apple Crisp Recipe – This recipe, from Betty Crocker, calls for tart cooking apples, brown sugar, oats, flour, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and ice cream or cream.
- The Best Apple Crisp You’ll Ever Have Recipe – OMG – this recipe from the Ambitious Kitchen, looks amazing! You’ll need Granny Smith apples, almonds, old-fashioned oats, dark brown sugar, unsalted butter and bourbon for this dish!
- Apple Pecan Crisp – This delish dessert has a crispy topping.
- Apple Crumble – You’ll need Golden Delicious apples, sugar, walnuts or pecans, rolled oats, sugar, flour, a lemon, spices and vanilla ice cream for this apple crumble recipe.
- Southern Apple Crumble Recipe – You’ll need apples, brown and granulated sugar, cinnamon, pecans and a pouch of Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix for this one.
With Halloween right around the corner, be sure to check out these fun and affordable Halloween ideas.
- Free Halloween Stencils & Templates
- Halloween Recipe Websites – Creepy Cocktails & Defrightful Dishes
- Top 10 Halloween Costume Websites for Kids & Pets
- Visit Virtual Haunted Houses for Halloween
- Scary Ghost Stories and Creepy Paranormal Video Websites
- Celebrate Halloween with Free Printable Projects
- Free pumpkin decorating projects for a spook-tacular Halloween
- Blood-curdling beverages, creepy cocktails and disgusting drinks for Halloween
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat Safety Tips: Keep little ghosts and goblins safe on Halloween
- Halloween for kids: Create boo-tiful drawings with creepy coloring projects for children
- Halloween recipes: Creepy treats and scary snacks ideas
- Celebrate Halloween with 15 Creepy Movies