This just out from PetSmart:
Another Paw-Inspiring Idea: New Cat Products from Martha Stewart Pets™ at PetSmart
Follows 2010 launch of dog products by Martha Stewart Pets™, exclusively at PetSmart
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.(NYSE: MSO) and PetSmart® (NASDAQ: PETM), the largest retailer of services and solutions for pets, are proud to announce a unique new collection of quality cat-care products from Martha Stewart Pets™ collection. The collection features innovative, cat-friendly feeding bowls and mats, a well-designed bed and a range of fun, stimulating toys made exclusively for PetSmart stores and PetSmart.com.
“My family of pets includes five wonderful cats, so I know what products are useful to keep our feline friends comfortable and content,” Martha Stewart, Founder of MSLO said. “I’m very happy to be extending our Martha Stewart Pets offering to include a line of attractive, practical, high-quality and affordable products designed especially for cats.”
Martha Stewart Pets™ products for cats began arriving at PetSmart stores in July with products being added through October. The introduction of Martha Stewart Pets™ products for cats follows the launch of the line’s dog products in 2010, also available exclusively at PetSmart stores and www.PetSmart.com.
Available now, this variety of cat feeding tools make mealtime more enjoyable. From 3-piece bowl sets with whisker-friendly shallow wells to silicone mats for easy clean-up, cat parents can find all the right feeding accessories for their cats.
· 3-Piece Bowl Set or Double Feeder: Cat-sized feeding bowls are made of non-skid melamine with separate stainless-steel bowl inserts. Designed with shallow wells for a cat’s sensitive whiskers, these durable, lightweight bowls also make clean-up easy. An air-seal lid helps keep food fresh, and the convenient hand grip means fewer spills.
· Feeding Mat: This generously sized silicone mat catches food, while a lipped edge prevents wet, messy spillovers.
· Can Cover: Any can of uneaten food can be easily resealed for refrigeration with this universal can cover. Each silicone lid fits three different can sizes, so the cat food will stay fresh until the next feeding.
· Food Scoop: This food scoop, made of enamel-on-stainless-steel, makes portion control simple when measuring dry cat food.
· Food Jar: This airtight container keeps dry cat food fresh and is pretty enough for the countertop. Made of smooth, sleek ivory melamine with ‘Cat Food’ lettering in blue.
The 2-in-1 bed features fish-patterned, burnout fleece and is fully machine washable. This cozy, innovative bed comes in gray or brown and will be available in October.
· 2-in-1 Bed: Pops up to create a hooded space for sleeping and playing out of view and collapses into a classic bolster shape.
Ten unique toys ensure fun and safe playtime for cats. Arriving in September, the cat toys are expressly designed to address different types of play and include independent toys to encourage play and exercise and interactive toys to provide bonding time for the cat and pet parent.
· Dangle Toys: Dangling designs are great for independent or interactive play. These catnip-filled toys stimulate a cat’s natural curiosity with their varied textures, animal faces and exciting smells.
· Jingle Toys: These catnip-filled toys with jingling bells are great for independent or interactive play. Jingle toys are available in a variety of animal faces.
· Knitted Toys: A toothsome crochet-knit construction makes these toys great for independent or interactive play. Knit toys are catnip-filled and come in a variety of textures and animal faces to arouse the cat’s natural instincts.
· Teasers: Teasers provide all-day entertainment with bright colors and soft materials that will keep the cat engaged and curious. For long lasting independent play, a teaser or “fuzzy” can be sprayed with catnip oil.
“Our pet parents appreciate the innovation and style of the Martha Stewart Pets products for dogs launched in 2010,” said Gayle Franger, vice president of merchandise marketing for PetSmart. “Our pet parents want to find high quality products for their cats, and we are excited to once again, collaborate with Martha Stewart to meet the expectations of our pet parents.”
To learn more about Martha Stewart Pets™, visit www.PetSmart.com/MarthaStewart.
Follow PetSmart on Twitter @PetSmart
Find PetSmart on Facebook www.facebook.com/PetSmart
See PetSmart on YouTube www.YouTube.com/PetSmart