It seems that every product out there is meant to turn back the hands of time: clothes to make you look slimmer, make up to erase fine lines, hair products to puff up limp, dull strands. But let’s face it: these are temporary alternatives. Father Time is going to wreak complete and utter havoc on your face and body unless you take good care of yourself in your younger years.
Dermalogica is known for their AGE Smart products, each having a vital ingredient to help anyone age gracefully. Notice that they don’t call thes products “anti-aging.” They’re not miracle workers, but pretty close — the only product that truly perserves your skin is sunscreen.
The newest addition to their AGE Smart line is the Overnight Repair Serum. Everyone knows the benefits of getting a good night’s sleep, the period where the body takes the time to repair and rejuvenate after a long day’s work. Between the office, the gym and the pollution we encounter every day, we need those precious hours of slumber for literal beauty rest.
During the day, we know this about our skin:
- It excretes most sebum at midday
- It’s exposed to UV rays, environmental pollution, smoke, poor diet habits, caffeine, make up and extreme temperature changes
- It more stressed and working harder to fight free radicals while adjusting to temperature changes and humidity levels
During the night, the skin is:
- Losing more water, excreting less sebum, is hotter and more acidic
- Drier, more vulnerable to irritation or inflammation
- Repars itself more, as cell renewal is enhahanced
So, it’s apparent at night that our skin is lacking in the hydration department and needs a little help. The Overnight Repair System does just that, and then some.
Here’s how it works: it stimulates collagen and inhibits the production of enzymes that break it down; Brown seaweed fights free radicals, Argan Oil shields the lipid barrier. It contains peptides suspended in an essential and botanical oil blend, with ingredients like Rose (which contains Retinoic acid) to help rejuvenate the skin. The active peptide is called Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, which accelerates collagen production. The aromas of the oils create a calming affect, perfect for the evening.
Dermalogica even includes eight acupressure points to target while applying the serum, to help initiate a fully relaxed state, just in time for bed. The product is sealed in a white glass bottle to preserve the active ingredients and retails for $60.00.
If you are acne prone, I wouldn’t recommend this product, however, you can still benefit by applying the serum around your eye area. This is meant to be a part of a mature woman’s beauty regimen, so be sparing if your skin tends to be oily or combination (use two drops two times a week instead of 4-6 every night).
Take 4-6 drops (depending on your skin type) and apply on cleansed skin. You can apply alone or mix it with a moisturizer. Using the serum, active pressure points on your face with these simple steps (see photo):
- Acupoint 1: Press on the temples with the middle fingers, which helps alleviate headaches and induces relaxation
- Acupoint 2: Press underneath the eye on top of the check bone to improve eye clarity
- Acupoint 3: Press on the inner eye sockets to relieve sinus pressure, headaches, pain and swelling around the eye area
- Acupoint 4: Press on the eye socket bone under the brow, which also helps with headaches and sinus pressure
- Acupoint 5: Press on the middle of the forehead, between the eyebrows, to calm the mind
- Acupoint 6: Press on the corners of the mouth. This helps rejuvenate teh face and tone facial muscles
- Acupoint 7: Press on the center of the crease between the end of the nose and the top of the lip to calm the spirit
- Acupoint 8: Press on the center of the crease between the lower lip and the chin to help with hormonal balance
By initiating these acupoints in combination with the Overnight Repair Serum, your skin will be rejuvenated while your mind, body and soul will feel refreshed.
Purchase Overnight Repair Serum online at www.dermalogica.com or wherever Dermalogica is sold in your area.