Orinda Academy is offering an Open House for prospective families on Sunday, October 30 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm. Campus tours will begin at 1:00 followed by an informational meeting at 1:30. Orinda Academy is a private, non-profit day school for boys and girls with mild to moderate learning differences, grades 7 through 12.
- Open House on Sunday, Oct. 30
- Location: 19 Altarinda Road, Orinda, CA 94563
- Time: 1:00-4:00 pm
• Enrollment: Up to 120 students
• Student to Teacher Ratio: 9:1
• Teachers adapt to different learning styles
• Class instruction using different modalities to reach all students
• Accreditation: Curriculum meets state education frameworks, UC college entrance requirements and is approved by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
• Tuition: (2011-12): $28,975
• Financial Aid: 24% of students receive aid
• Head of School: Ron Graydon
Student Support Resources
• Academic coaching to improve time management, organization, test prep, note taking, writing, research skills, paper and project planning are provided onsite on a reduced fee basis by Student Organizational Services.
• Teacher web pages, accessible to students and parents, include assignments and due dates
• Math labs providing personal tutoring are available
• Study hall with one-on-one or small group support for all academic areas
• Assistance to obtain standardized testing, including SAT, accommodations
• Personalized college counseling (continued below)
****** If you’re interested in events, services, and laws related to children with special needs — click the “subscribe” button at the top of this page. Subscribing is FREE, and you’ll get an email notification when I publish a new story, usually twice per week. And please feel free to contact me with ideas for new articles.