Paul McCartney and daughters Stella and Mary have written the foreword for “The Meat Free Monday Cookbook: A Full Menu for Every Monday of the Year,” a new cookbook now on sale in the UK and will soon be available in the U.S.
The campaign, which started in 2009, is inspired by the idea that going without meat one day of the week can make a huge difference to the planet, health and wallets.
The book features over 300 recipes plus several recipes contributed by celebrity chefs.
“This is actually a meaningful change everyone can make, that goes to the heart of several important political, environmental and ethical issues all at once. For instance it not only addresses pollution, but better health, the ethical treatment of animals, global hunger and community and political activism,” McCartney says about Meat Free Monday.
The campaign has also gotten the support of celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Twiggy, Joanna Lumley, Ricky Gervais, Alec Baldwin and Yoko Ono.
RECENT BEATLES AND PAUL McCARTNEY NEWS:
- Estate of late Beatle Stu Sutcliffe opens his first fan club, offers song by him
- INTERVIEW: For ‘Good ol’ Freda,’ the Beatles were like her brothers
- Beatles, Lennon to release special vinyl sets for holiday Record Store Day fete
- Beatles ‘Sgt. Pepper’ costume patterns to be auctioned
- Is this a sneak preview of Paul McCartney’s new album?
- James McCartney to release his digital EPs on CDs
- Paul McCartney’s ‘The Love We Make’ coming to DVD
- INTERVIEW: Shirelles member had special reason to love Beatles’ ‘Baby It’s You’
- Finder of rare Beatles letter tells his story — it was lodged in antiques book
- DVD’s appraisal of Lennon-McCartney solo years brings viewers to debate
- Beatles ‘Let It Be’ director drops hint about DVD release date
- Did Paul McCartney write a letter for Beatles drummer?
- The video Herman Cain wants to forget: his takeoff on Lennon’s ‘Imagine’
- Director picked for film about Beatles Apple; old building gets facelift (pics)
- McCartney guitarist combines his own and Macca songs in live show (show video)
- Lenny Kravitz makes short list of fave Lennon songs for Rolling Stone
- George Harrison LITMW UK bonus audio disc making its way to the U.S.
- Paul McCartney makes first public statement about ‘really great’ wedding day
- Julian Lennon, May Pang, more show support for Lupus Foundation gala (pics)
- Storybook McCartney wedding lives up to its billing
- Andy Timmons Band offer bonus with advance orders of ‘Sgt. Pepper’ CD
- Paul McCartney announces flurry of new On the Run tour European dates
- Beatles fans can help make film of fan club secretary’s memories a reality
- All my loving: Paul McCartney’s storybook wedding album (pics, video)
- They were in the news today, oh boy!: how Sir Paul and bride made the front page
- REVIEW: Book tells everything to know about Beatles on Parlophone Records
- REVIEW: Bill Frisell’s guitar tribute to John Lennon strikes the right chords
- John Lennon book cover project was ‘brilliant idea,’ author says
- Viewer at screening calls George Harrison film mesmerizing: exclusive photos
- Consumer alert: Problems with McCartney “Ocean’s Kingdom” download resolved
- George Harrison DVD with rare footage coming to U.S.?
- REVIEW: Julian Lennon’s new album filled with reminders of his father