Paul McCartney’s website says the demand for tickets for his upcoming Liverpool concert was a record breaker.
“After unprecedented demand, Paul’s forthcoming show in his hometown of Liverpool at the Echo Arena has sold out in record time. Fans desperate to be part of the audience for the show on 20th December racked up a staggering 1 million hits on the official sales website and over 100,000 attempted calls were made to the ticket line. All tickets were gone within two hours of going on sale,” the statement said.
The Liverpool show was announced this week as part of a year-end series of “On the Run Tour” concerts. The shows begin with a Nov. 13 concert in Abu Dhabi, his first in the United Arab Emerites, and ends with the Liverpool show.
LATEST PAUL McCARTNEY AND BEATLES HEADLINES:
- McCartney guitarist combines his own and Macca songs in live show (show video)
- Lenny Kravitz makes short list of fave Lennon songs for Rolling Stone
- George Harrison LITMW UK bonus audio disc making its way to the U.S.
- Guitarist Brian Ray recalls his career before and with Paul McCartney (video)
- Paul McCartney makes first public statement about ‘really great’ wedding day
- Julian Lennon, May Pang, more show support for Lupus Foundation gala (pics)
- Yoko Ono launches new effort to battle world hunger
- Maybe he was amazed – McCartney picks art contest entry showing trademark bass
- Storybook McCartney wedding lives up to its billing
- Andy Timmons Band offer bonus with advance orders of ‘Sgt. Pepper’ CD
- Paul McCartney announces flurry of new On the Run tour European dates
- Beatles fans can help make film of fan club secretary’s memories a reality
- All my loving: Paul McCartney’s storybook wedding album (pics, video)
- They were in the news today, oh boy!: how Sir Paul and bride made the front page
- John Lennon 2010 70th birthday tribute concert to get CD release
- REVIEW: Book tells everything to know about Beatles on Parlophone Records
- REVIEW: Bill Frisell’s guitar tribute to John Lennon strikes the right chords
- John Lennon book cover project was ‘brilliant idea,’ author says
- Elvis Presley meets the Beatles in new exhibit opened in Liverpool (pictures)
- Viewer at screening calls George Harrison film mesmerizing: exclusive photos
- Consumer alert: Problems with McCartney “Ocean’s Kingdom” download resolved
- Olivia Harrison, Martin Scorsese enchant fans at Beatle doc screening (pics)
- Tech talk: To see George Harrison Scorsese doc without HBO, consider new player
- LIFE releasing George Harrison issue in hardcover with different picture
- George Harrison DVD with rare footage coming to U.S.?
- Beatle’s staunch statement defending meditation and Maharishi to be auctioned
- REVIEW: Julian Lennon’s new album filled with reminders of his father