In a statement posted on his official website, Paul McCartney thanked fans for their good wishes.
“Nancy and I want to thank everybody for the wonderful greetings and messages of goodwill that we received. We had a really great day with family and friends; it was relaxed, fun, emotional, heartfelt and a total pleasure for the two of us and everyone involved,” he wrote.
He also wanted to correct some of the errant reports in the tabloids. “You may have read, in the media, some of the details about our happy day but, as not all of what was reported was totally true, here are a couple of corrections for those of you who like to know the truth.”
One was about who his best man was. “It was said that my brother, Mike, was my best man. In fact, it was my lovely son, James, who did me proud,” he wrote.
Some tabloid reports also said he sang a certain Beatle song and song from his solo career, but he said it didn’t happen.
“It was also reported that I sang ‘Let It Be’ and ‘Let Me Roll It’ at the reception but, in actual fact, that’s not true and I think the reporters may have got confused by hearing a few of my other songs being played by our DJ for the night, Mark Ronson, who, by the way, did a sensational job, keeping us all bopping till the early hours of the morning.
“But even though they got one or two things wrong, what they did get right was that Nancy and I, and all our lovely guests, had an unbelievably great day and send our love to all of you.”
ALL THE NEWS ON PAUL AND NANCY’S WEDDING:
- Paul McCartney 101: Paul McCartney & Nancy Shevell romance coverage checklist
LATEST BEATLES HEADLINES:
- Julian Lennon, May Pang, more show support for Lupus Foundation gala (pics)
- Yoko Ono launches new effort to battle world hunger
- Maybe he was amazed – McCartney picks art contest entry showing trademark bass
- Storybook McCartney wedding lives up to its billing
- Andy Timmons Band offer bonus with advance orders of ‘Sgt. Pepper’ CD
- Paul McCartney announces flurry of new On the Run tour European dates
- Beatles fans can help make film of fan club secretary’s memories a reality
- All my loving: Paul McCartney’s storybook wedding album (pics, video)
- They were in the news today, oh boy!: how Sir Paul and bride made the front page
- John Lennon 2010 70th birthday tribute concert to get CD release
- REVIEW: Book tells everything to know about Beatles on Parlophone Records
- REVIEW: Bill Frisell’s guitar tribute to John Lennon strikes the right chords
- John Lennon book cover project was ‘brilliant idea,’ author says
- Elvis Presley meets the Beatles in new exhibit opened in Liverpool (pictures)
- Viewer at screening calls George Harrison film mesmerizing: exclusive photos
- Consumer alert: Problems with McCartney “Ocean’s Kingdom” download resolved
- Olivia Harrison, Martin Scorsese enchant fans at Beatle doc screening (pics)
- Tech talk: To see George Harrison Scorsese doc without HBO, consider new player
- LIFE releasing George Harrison issue in hardcover with different picture
- George Harrison DVD with rare footage coming to U.S.?
- Beatle’s staunch statement defending meditation and Maharishi to be auctioned
- REVIEW: Julian Lennon’s new album filled with reminders of his father