PGA National Resort and Spa–located at 400 Ave. of the Champions in Palm Beach Gardens, FL–features one of our favorite golf courses in Florida: The Champion. This Jack Nicklaus designed course hosts the Honda Classic on the PGA Tour and has some of the most noteworthy closing stretches in golf at The Bear Trap. PGA National is a must-visit resort for the Jacksonville community and one that is definitely worth the drive.
PGA National, a AAA Four Diamond resort, is now celebrating its 30th year in business, which includes five straight years of successfully hosting the PGA Tour’s Honda Classic, the resort’s golf history also includes hosting the 1983 Ryder Cup, 1987 PGA Championship, and nearly 20 years of the Senior PGA Championship. PGA National also has the unique distinction of being the world’s only golf resort to feature both the David Leadbetter Golf Academy and Dave Pelz Scoring Game School. The property is truly a golfer’s paradise with five golf courses, two golf academies, world-class practice facilities, a huge spa, fine dining and more.
To celebrate PGA National’s 30 years the resort will offer the following deals:
- Thirty rooms for $30 on the nights of Dec. 18 – 19, 2011. Reservations will be accepted on Nov. 18 starting at 10 a.m. by calling 877-423-5751 (based on availability, resort fee and tax additional).
- Spa treatments with a special 30-minute menu ($29 – $75, November 2011 only)
- “30-year Anniversary Spa Package” including: 30-minute facial, 30-minute custom massage and glass of champagne ($150 with gratuity added)
- Ironwood Steak and Seafood anniversary dinner (Nov.18) with a specialty menu complete with $30 bottles of wine, Kansas City Strip Steak Dinner Special ($30) and $30 bar tab giveaways. Music will be provided by the officially designated iBAND, winner of a three-week competition.
- Ironwood Steak and Seafood anniversary dinner on November, 18 featuring a specialty menu with $30 bottles of wine, Kansas City Strip Steak Dinner Special ($30) and $30 bar tab giveaways. Music will be provided by the officially designated iBAND, winner of a three-week competition.
- 30% off on the purchase of a top/bottom combination in the pro shop from Nov. 17 – 20
PGA National has also received a recent $65 million facelift with numerous enhancements to its 379-room resort hotel, clubhouse, golf courses, spa, health and racquet club, and conference and meeting space. Among the new additions was a stunning zero entry pool, newly-named signature restaurant – Ironwood Steak and Seafood – and the focal point of the entrance: the lobby iBAR. The final renovation will feature an impressive room upgrade and will take place in 2012.
According to Vice President and Managing Director at PGA National, “The goal of revitalizing our property is to strengthen PGA National’s position as one of the great resort golf destinations in the U.S. “For our next 30 years we hope to continue setting the gold standard as a golf, meetings and family facility with our attention to detail, array of amenities and unparalleled customer service.”
In addition to golf, guests can choose from more than 50 fitness classes at the 33,000-square-foot Health & Racquet Club and savor one of more than 100 treatments offered by The Spa and the exclusive “Waters of the World” outdoor mineral pools. PGA National’s meeting / conference amenities include various catering options, off-site event coordination, on-site transportation department and savvy in-house audiovisual specialists on property. The hotel is located nearby several major Florida population centers: only a 15-minute drive from Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), one hour from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and 90 minutes from Miami International Airport (MIA).
For more information about PGA National visit www.pgaresort.comor call (800) 533.9386.