The original Jurassic Park releasing in theatre almost twenty years ago did at least one thing and that was enamore an entire generation of gamers to the idea of interacting with dinosaurs on one level or another. From watching graceful Brachiosaurus feed in all it’s herbivoric glory to the utter terror of being stalked by a pack of viciously hungry Velociraptors, the notion of the prehistoric beasts is fascinating to it’s core.
So, it should come as little surprise that in the wake of games like Dinosaur D-Day, Lukewarm Media is currently developing what could be the next biggest dinosaur title since Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. Primal Carnage, a game that describes itself as, “an asymmetrical online-multiplayer class-based game of humans versus dinosaurs.”, this really lends all you could possibly need to the imagination. Broken down into five classes on either side, humans will be pitted against the ferocious dinos in a blood bath that would make any Ingen employee a bit uncomfortable.
Gameplay seems relatively straightforward:
The human Mercenaries play from a standard first-person perspective, relying on their weapons and teammates to survive the hostile environment. They move together from objective to objective, eliminating anything that threatens them and their mission.
The Dinosaurs play from a third-person perspective, employing an awareness of their surroundings and their own natural abilities to hunt their prey. Each predator hunts differently, and feels at home as it stalks through the jungles, fields, or skies.
The Mercenary team has been dispatched to reclaim the island by getting to and holding the abandoned facilities which are spread throughout the maps. However, the humans must pass through the primal wilderness to reach these locations, and it’s in the jungles and tall grasses where the Dinosaurs intend to stop them.
Keep in mind the game is still in the Alpha Phase, but details on anticipated features are:
· Large open environments
· 5 playable human classes with unique weaponry
· 5 playable dinosaur classes with unique abilities
· 5 multiplayer levels
· Multiplayer game modes
· Interactive NPCs
· Every class can trump another specific class on the other team in a rock paper scissors fashion.
· The human team plays in the first person perspective, while the dinosaurs play in the third person
· All game types are tailored so that players MUST work together to survive, or overcome the opposing team.
· Primal Carnage is one of the few games based around Dinosaurs.
· Team focused online gameplay.
· Long term support with DLC.
· Arcade style fun that’s simple and easy to pick up and play at any time.
· and much more…
There currently is no release date, but attentive gamers can keep an eye on things, which sometime down the line will include a beta, here.