Santa Clarita, California-based Princess Cruises (http://www.princess.com), popular purveyor of distinctive big ship seafaring on a fleet of 16 innovative luxury liners, pulls out all the stops in Europe next summerwith wide ranging itineraries spanning Scandinavia to the Med.
If a European cruise is in your future, here’s the company’s recently announced summer of 2012 schedule:
- Ruby Princess returns to again offer the line’s signature 12-day Grand Mediterranean itinerary and Greek Isles routes.
- Crown Princess circles the Mediterranean, taking over the 12-day Egypt, Greek Isles and Mediterranean itineraries.
- Emerald Princess heads north to the best of Scandinavia and Russia including Princess’ signature two-day experience in St. Petersburg.
- Caribbean Princess brings you to around the British Isles and up to Norway and Iceland.
- Grand Princess does London to the Mediterranean, as well as on Northern Europe voyages.
- The intimate Ocean Princess offers a variety of seven-day Interlude itineraries that can be combined into 14-day or longer voyages, giving passengers the opportunity to explore boutique ports.
- Small ship Pacific Princess sails to the Holy Land and Black Sea, and offers experiences in classic destinations such as Egypt, Israel, Ukraine, Greece and Turkey.
Mediterranean, Greek Isles and Holy Land – Five ships will sail throughout the sunny waters of the Mediterranean, offering voyages from seven to 30 days to historic cities, Greek islands, the Holy Land and Egypt. Both Ruby Princess and Crown Princess will offer the line’s signature Grand Mediterranean and Greek Isles itineraries, as well as Egypt & Aegean sailings, and Grand Princess sails to the region from London, giving passengers more than 25 different itinerary options to choose from in the Mediterranean. A variety of itineraries aboard Ocean Princess and Pacific Princess will provide small-ship sailing options in the region as well.
Scandinavia, Russia and Norway – Emerald Princess returns to the Baltic region for the line’s popular 11-day sailings from Copenhagen. In addition, Grand Princess debuts a new Baltic Heritage route sailing roundtrip from London and including calls at Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Gdansk and Oslo. Together with sailings to the spectacular Norwegian Fjords, four Princess ships offer eight itineraries options in the region.
British Isles, Iceland and Canary Islands – The British Isles, the northern reaches of Iceland, Norway and Greenland, and even the Canary Islands round out Princess’ Europe itinerary options. The lineup includes sailings from London ports aboard Caribbean Princess, Grand Princess and Ocean Princess, as well as adventurous ocean crossings, for a choice of more than 10 itinerary options ranging from eight to 16 days.
Europe is one of the most popular regions featured on the Princess Cruises blog, “50 Essential Experiences: The Travel Bucket List.” Travel stories from Princess destination experts include inspiring stories about Prague, Amsterdam, Athens, Belgium, London, Ireland, Berlin, Paris, St. Petersburg, Istanbul, Normandy, Santiago de Compostella, Venice, Israel, the Grand Tour of the Mediterranean, Iceland, Scotland, Petra, and Santorini.