Did you ask the right questions at the start of the school year? Many stay at home moms feel that with the new Oklahoma City’s year round public schools that they were unprepared to deal with going back to school. Some may think that because you are a stay at home mom you were more than ready. You know as well as other stay at home moms that just because you are at home does not mean that you have time to be ready for anything. From the rushing around to get school supplies and/or school uniforms, you could have forgotten some very important things. Such as asking that new teacher those important questions.
Good thing to know is that it is never to late to get the answer to those important school questions. All you have to do is ask.
Some important questions all parents need to know:
1. Is there a homework schedule? How much homework should my child be doing each night? What if the homework is too difficult?
2. Is there a reading list of books he should be reading at home?
3. What about tests? Book reports? Upcoming projects?
4. When are library books due?
5. If I need to reach you, what is the best way? (E-mail, phone, note.)
6. What is your policy if my child is having any kind of problem? How do you let me know?
7. Is there anything I can do to help you at school? (Field trips, grade papers, share a skill.)
Now, most of those questions should have been answered by your child’s teacher at the start of the year in talks with the teacher or notes sent home. If your child’s teacher has not answered those questions already then do not fear. Just take a little time in the morning or afternoon to pull the teach aside to ask. If the teacher is to busy then send a note to the teacher with the list of you questions ask him or her to send home a note answering them for you.