Will you be watching the Emmys on Sunday? Awards shows are so much fun to watch not just because it’s exciting to see who wins, but because it’s really cool to see what the stars are wearing and check out what their hair and makeup looks like. Whether you’ll be rockin’ a red carpet this weekend or chilling in the best TV-watching spot on your comfy couch, here are the beauty products you’ll need to get your very own star-inspired red carpet look.
* First things first–you’re gonna need a good makeup bag to carry all your beauty goodies in. Jennifer Garner, Emma Roberts, Zoe Saldana, and Christina Hendricks all have Trina’s Michael Kors-inspired Kelly Stripe Gold Purse Kit. It’s available now at TrinaStyle.com for a very reasonable $20.
* Speaking of Christina Hendricks, she’s mentioned that she loves Jurlique’s products–their Purely Age-Defying Hand Treatment is the perfect product to keep your hands looking as timeless as Casablanca or Gone with the Wind. Also, slip Jurlique’s Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer To Go into your purse–if you’re walking the red carpet you’re shaking a lot of hands, and you’ve gotta de-germify yourself!
* You don’t need to pay big bucks to get va-va-voom lashes. Wet n Wild’s MegaLash Clinical Mascara (just $4.99 at drugstores nationwide) helps you grow stronger lashes that look up to 65% longer! Try the Very Black shade for a very glam look.
* What do makeup artists use to keep stars’ faces looking smooth? Celebrity makeup artist Tina Turnbow used Too Faced’s Primed & Poreless to make Dagmara Dominczyk’s skin looking perfect for the movie Higher Ground. (It’s one of my personal favorite products, too; I love how it helps my makeup go on more smoothly and stay on better throughout the day.)
* Slip Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase’s Lip Resculpt 3D Lip Balm SPF 20 into your beauty bag to safely plump up your lips. This mega-multitasker stimulates collagen, moisturizes lips, and plumps lips without burning or stinging–and you can see lasting results after 30 days of use.
* Entourage’s gorgeous Emmanuelle Chriqui swears by Koh Gen Do’s Aqua Foundation ($62, Barneys.com) for its sheer high-definition coverage and because it minimizes any imperfections present on the skin.
* Give yourself an easy, gorgeous updo on the go with Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin ($7.29, available at drugstores and mass retailers nationwide). This twisty little hairpin is small enough to fit into a cute clutch, and you can give yourself a chic hairstyle in just minutes by using the pin to twist your hair into a bun.
* Groom on the go with adorable products from Tweezerman’s Harajuku Lovers collection created by Gwen Stefani. The Mini Slant Tweezers ($15 at Sephora) are conveniently small but very effective for painless plucking, and the Itty Bitty Matchbox Files ($4 at Sephora) are perfect for fixing nail emergencies in a pinch, and they’ll fit easily in your makeup bag. Plus, all the products from this line are amazingly cute!
* While it’s not a beauty product, it’s an essential item for your purse if you’re at any star-studded event–the perfect pen. You’ll need to write down your digits, or the digits of anyone cool that you meet there…and, of course, sign autographs! Parker Pens are chic and elegant, and Emma Watson reportedly can’t get enough of her Parker Pens fountain pen. Parker products are available at fine pen shops and specialty retailers nationwide.
* Make sure you always have clean teeth and fresh breath so you’re camera- and interview-ready! You don’t even need water to use a Colgate Wisp, a single-use mini brush that has a breath-freshening bead nestled within its bristles and a soft pick on the end of the Wisp. Available in packs of 16 in fun, fresh flavors like Spearmint, Peppermint, and Icy Bubble (a super-fun bubble gum flavor!) for $5.49 at drugstores nationwide.