Education is considered to be an important aspect in a child’s life whether in an International Country or in its home town in India. But there are certain things that we need to keep in mind when it comes to a child receiving its education burdened under a bag loaded with books and piles and piles of assignments waiting for them to complete at home.
On my returning back to India and joining my old school in Bangalore, India, I realized that there has not been much of a change than what it was when I had left the country a year back. Although the results in Indian schools are really praiseworthy and children are made to become responsible yet I feel that there can be innovation that can be brought in the assignments that are given to children to be completed at home. But the question is how and by whom?
Being a teacher myself I really feel the pain the child goes through when they are over worked with home assignments which they have to complete within a night,. Burning the midnight oil they try to complete these assignments and by the time they come to school the next morning they feel so tired and are full of fatigue that they can hardly concentrate in the class. Whose fault is this? The teacher, the Management, the Head of the School or the parents or the child? The answer is nobody.
Hence instead of pointing a finger at each other there is a need to join hands and try our best to solve the complication and bring about a change to this Indian System of Education. Here are some of the ways to do it………
1) Homework can be reduced and a few assignments can be kept for the day.
2) The child must be given sufficient amount of time to complete his assignments.
3) Assignments set must be based more on objective type of exercises rather than subjective. This will help children to complete their assignments on time.
4) The child must not be penalized if the work is not done. He can be given some time to complete his work.
5) Most of the assignments can be completed inside the classroom itself so that the child has enough time to prepare himself for the upcoming tests or exams instead of spending too much of time in completing assignments.
6) Assignments given to be completed at home must be related to the lesson taught in the class and not on something which has got no link.
7) A homework time table can be maintained so that the subjects are spread out and the child gets a chance to balance his attention towards all the subjects.
Hence with these simple ways one can easily help the child to enjoy working out assignments at home. It is only we who can help our children in completing their work on time without burdening them in any way.