The only Southern California Chapter of OD Network is offering a very special work this October. The presenter, Harry Wittenberg, for the past 25 years, has had a career in education that spans K-12, higher education, and corporate adult education. His experience spans working for IBM, Apple Computer, Cisco Systems, Pearson Education, Charles Schwab, Genentech, and now Autodesk.
Harry’s current responsibilities as a Senior HR Training and Organization Development Specialist are focused on designing and developing training for both managers and employees alike. In addition, he also facilitates team effectiveness sessions using a variety of assessments and models. Prior to this, Harry was responsible for designing and creating a learning infrastructure at a biotech firm. He managed the selection, development, and deployment of a range of learning technologies including virtual classrooms, online learning, online assessments, and a learning management system.
He will share a model that can help practitioners enhance their consulting skills through a clear approach in deciding best uses of current known assessments and models. It will cut research time to a minimum and will also aid in enabling HR Business Partners to be more knowledgeable of specific assessments and their best uses.
- Gain use of a model for selecting the most appropriate assessment aligned with an intervention
- Apply the model using real-life scenarios
- Using the model, develop a consulting approach with clients
- Determine best use of an assessment based on a participants current consulting gig
- Develop a strategy for enabling HR Business Partners become more proactive in selecting appropriate interventions for their client groups.
DATE: October 20th, 2011
TIME: 11:30 – 4:30
COST: $30 for members, $45 for guests ( includes lunch)
LOCATION: Commuter Terminal San Diego Airport
North Harbor Drive, San Diego 92101
This session will help you learn:
- how to develop HR professionals in applying assessments.
- how to decide which assessment is a best fit for the presenting situation (eg personal coaching, team development, leadership development,etc)
- how HR, OD & training can effectively partner in OD interventions
For more information, please visit the SD OD Network web site.