Indulge into one of San Diego’s finest sandwiches round town. These are a far cry from the pb&j’s your mother used to pack for school lunches. While some just focus on simple and fresh ingredients, others go the creative route and the rest just focus on the homestyle goodness.
1. El Zarape’s lobster roll – Call it a Mexican sandwich, we are in San Diego after all.
2. The Cottage in La Jolla’s crab melt with avocado sandwich is decadent and filling.
3. Pop’s Jersey Style cheese steak for an artery clogging experience. Get the extra cheese, you only live once.
4. Phil’s BBQ pulled pork sandwich – Phil’s may be known for his tasty ribs but they also have one of the best pulled pork sandwiches.
5. Con Pane Rustic Bread and Cafe – you really can’t go wrong with any of the choices here that include kalamata olive bread, rosemary and chocolate bread.
6. Slater’s 50/50 – choose off the menu or make your own monsterous creation. Be it a burger or a sandwich, they all lead to food comas.