It’s no secret that this examiner is a gamer, he has been in the gaming scene since he was 6 years old, and PC gaming since, well, since the days of Duke Nukem 3D. But online PC gaming, well, back at Duke Nukem 3D as well, but the full multiplayer online gaming experience started when he was 12 years old with Counter-Strike, ever since he’s ben playing online multiplayer games, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Unreal, Battlefield, and, well, building gaming rigs ever sine as well. It’s also no secret that this Examiner also has a fondness for ATI/AMD products, now obviously AMD has absolved the ATI name but it will still be ATI to me! However, there is now a new addition to the graphics card family that is known and loved worldwide, and that is the Sapphire Tech Battlefield 3 Edition HD 6970, and it includes quite an awesome feature set, including the award winning Vapor-X cooling system, and SAPPHIRE Flex! As well as the wonderful, and awesome EyeFinity that AMD has made oh so awesome!
Sapphire Flex allows the one graphics card to output to 3 different DVI supporting monitors at one time and with Eyefinity there is no need for special adaptors! The Vapor-X is an award winning cooling system because it’s such a quiet system you’ll barely know you have a graphics card at all!
The following are the awesome feature sets of this particular model graphics card.
1 x Dual-Link DVI
1 x HDMI 1.4a
2 x Mini-DisplayPort
1 x Single-Link DVI-D
880/930 MHz Core Clock
40 nm Chip
1536 x Stream Processors
2048 MB Size
256 -bit GDDR5
5500 MHz Effective
CrossFire™ Bridge Interconnect Cable
DVI to VGA Adapter
Mini-DP to DP Cable
6 PIN to 4 PIN Power Cable
8-PIN to 4 PIN x2 Power Cable
HDMI to SL-DVI Adapter
HDMI 1.4a high speed 1.8 meter cable(Full Retail SKU only)
But you need to know if your PC can handle this bad boy? Well just take a look at the following list to find out.
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.
- 2X75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector is required for CrossFireX™ system.
- 1X75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector is required.
- Certified power supplies are recommended. Please refer to: http://support.amd.com/us/certified/power-supplies/Pages/listing.aspx
- 1024MBMinimum of system memory.
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive.
- DVD playback requires DVD drive.
- Blu-ray™ / HD DVD playback requires Blu-ray / HD DVD drive.
- For an AMD CrossFireX™ system, a second same AMD Radeon™ graphics card, an AMD CrossFireX™ Ready motherboard and one AMD CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card (optional) are required.
- 550 Watt Power Supply is required.
- 1X150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express power connector is required.
- 2X150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express power connector is required for CrossFireX™ system.
So there you go, yet another awesome addition to the awesome power that AMD and Sappire brings to PC gaming performance, now what are you waiting for? Go get one!