Do you like to shop online? Do you search for deals online before heading out to your local store? Most frugal families do a considerable amount of research to make sure we are getting the best deal. And, especially in Cleveland, where the weather is not the greatest for the next several months. Well, now you can shop from store to store without ever leaving your computer!
Sears.com has some great ways to make it easier to shop all the stores owned by Sears Holdings, Inc. without ever leaving your home or picking up your phone.
Simply visit Sears website and follow a few simple steps. Let’s pretend you are looking for a set of Rachael Ray Cookware:
- Immediately upon the website opening a little window will fall from the upper right of your screen – put in your zip code. This will enable the site to show you all stores near you that have what your looking for.
- First place to check – on top of screen click “Sears Outlet” – put Rachael Ray Cookware in the search bar.
- You will see all the items available with a variety of prices (See Picture #1) Click the first item
- That product comes up with a wide range of pricing. Click “Check Availability”
- Another window will pop up asking for your zip code again
- All stores that have that product will appear !!! Do you see the wide range in pricings for the same product?? (See Picture 2)
As you can see in Picture 2, the same cookware set has different pricing. One is $82.93 and the other is $68.93 – the explanation for that is quite simple. When a retailer gets new stock in, they place the current stock on “clearance pricing.” The longer the item sits in the store, the lower the price goes. Lucky for us, the $68.93 item has been in the store longer which adds up to MORE savings for us.
There are drawbacks to this system. In this example, the closest store to my location was 117 miles away. Not very frugal to drive that far,huh? You have two choices:
- Call that store and ask an associate within the department selling the cookware if they can “ship it to you.” Shipping may not be as expensive as you think and you will still save money
- Or, continue searching various/similiar items looking for a location within your city
Sears.com also makes it easy to shop your favorite stores and compare pricing. Sears Holdings includes:
- My Gofer
- Parts Direct
- Lands End
- The Great Indoors
- Sears Outlet
So, next time you consider going out shopping looking for that special gift, check-in to Sears.com first – you may save enough to get yourself a little something :)
To receive notifications when new articles are posted by this Examiner, click SUBSCRIBE at the top of this page – it is free and anonymous. Social responsibility and frugal living join together within our family to expand all that is available to us. Our family’s work with non-profits helps us to appreciate the value of staying within a tight budget and getting the most for our money. Join our Facebook Page for information & coupons for your family and community. Click Here To Join – Make A Difference In Cleveland
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to Make A Difference In Cleveland’s Blog – daily discounts & coupons and links for printable coupons, too!
**Would you like to spotlight your business and offer our Cleveland readers special savings? Do you have a special charitable event coming up that you’d like to let our readers know about? Email this Examiner at [email protected]