Toddlers are fantastic little people, but they can be a wee bit frustrating at times. When using Attachment Parenting principles, it helps to have a good mix of empathy, patience, love and plain old creativity to deal with some of the more challenging issues that come up with toddlers.
Here’s a round-up of 30 articles to help deal with common toddler dilemmas, from bedtime battles to tantrums to drawing on the walls…
Trouble getting your toddler to brush her teeth? Here’s a slew of ideas to help make it easier on everybody.
- Fifteen ways to end tooth brushing battles with your little ones
Is your little one in a grumpy mood? Here’s an assortment of ideas from silly to serious to help him feel better.
- Simple ways to turn around a toddler’s bad mood
Is your toddler suddenly acting out of sorts and you’re not sure what’s up? Be sure to go down this checklist to see if there’s a good explanation you may not have thought of.
- Attachment Parenting 101: The troublesome times checklist
Need some help keeping the holidays fun for everyone? Here’s ways to keep things fun and stress-free, even when dealing with travel, extended family, disrupted routines and other holiday challenges.
- Parenting secrets for peaceful holidays
Dealing with temper tantrums? Here’s some ways to head them off and make it better for everybody.
- Attachment Parenting 101: How do I avoid tantrums?
Want a new way of looking at tantrums? Here’s why it helps to use different language completely.
- Attachment Parenting 101: Don’t call it a tantrum
Want more advice on heading things off? Here’s 7 steps to turning bad times around.
- Seven steps to ending a meltdown
Feeling completely overwhelmed by parenting your two-year old? Here’s some advice I wrote to a frazzled mom who asked for help.
- Dear Melinda (Surviving your two year old)
What if your toddler hits you? Here’s step-by-step advice on how to put an end to the behavior and keep true to your AP beliefs.
- Attachment Parenting 101: What do I do if my toddler hits me?
Need some activities to keep your toddler happy for a few minutes? Here’s a round-up of fun high chair and table busywork.
- High chair busywork for babies and toddlers
Looking for ideas for chores for toddlers? Here’s good ones for your little one, along with why they’re truly good for him.
- Should a toddler do chores?
Does your toddler hate to wash her hair? Here’s ways to make it easier on her (and you!).
- 10 ways to make hair washing easier for little ones
Is bedtime a nightly struggle? Here’s tips to make it better.
- Bedtime battles: tips for easier nights with children
Does your toddler draw on the walls? Here’s some creative ways to nip that in the bud.
- Attachment Parenting 101: How do I stop my toddler from drawing on the walls?
Are you getting flak for still nursing your toddler? Here’s some ways to deal with it.
- Attachment Parenting 101: How to deal with “You’re STILL nursing?”
Want child-friendly ways to teach numbers and math? Here’s a plethora of fun ways to keep it fun.
- Easy ways to teach numbers, counting and math
Want to teach your toddler to swim? Here’s a series about “survival swimming” classes, what to avoid and what to look for in a toddler swim class.
- Is there a gentle way to teach babies and toddlers to swim?
- Expert warns of the dark side of Survival Swimming programs
- The benefits of gentle baby swimming programs
- Drowning Prevention Task Force says stop survival swimming classes for babies and toddlers
- Position paper on infant and toddler water safety education
- Water safety for small children: Part two
- Toddler and infant water safety: Conclusion
Is bath time a battle? Here’s ways to make it fun for everybody.
- Easy ways to make baths fun for kids
Looking for some ways to help your toddler with speech issues? Here’s some things you can do at home.
- Fun and easy ways to help your child with speech difficulties
Want to raise a bright child without technological toys, pressure and gimmicks? Here’s natural ways to do that.
- Baby University? Better ways to raise smart, creative children
Having trouble getting your toddler to comply with your requests? Here’s some ways to use creativity and fun to make things easier.
- Fun and easy ways to get little ones to cooperate
Want some tools for eating out with little ones? Here’s suggestions to help keep it pleasurable for you, your toddler and the other diners.
- Eating out with kids: How to make it fun for everyone
Frustrated that your toddler won’t obey you? Here’s some thoughts about why you might want to rethink your goals.
- Attachment Parenting 101: When your toddler won’t obey
Looking for some plain old fun ideas of things to do with your little one? Here’s lots to keep you both busy.
- 30 Days of fun and simple toddler and preschool activities
Lastly, here’s some thoughts in the defense of toddlers that I wrote many years ago on my website, A Magical Childhood. Having raised four toddlers so far, one thing I’ve learned is that they really are wonderful little people.
- Terrible Twos? NOT!
Have any issues that you didn’t see dealt with here? Feel free to leave them in the comments!