Beatles and music-related events on Oct. 25:
- Oct. 25, 1963: The Beatles play two shows at Nya Aulan, Sundstavagen, Karlstad, Sweden. Songs: “Long Tall Sally,” “Please Please Me,” “I Saw Her Standing There,” “From Me To You,” “A Taste of Honey,” “Chains,” “Boys,” “She Loves You,” “Twist and Shout.” A local reviewer trashes them but praises the opening act, the Phantoms.
- Oct. 25, 1944: Jon Anderson of Yes born.
- Oct. 25, 1962: The Beatles record the BBC show “Here We Go” playing “Love Me Do,” “A Taste of Honey” and “P.S. I Love You.” The group also records “Shelia,” but it’s not used.
- Oct. 25, 1964: The Rolling Stones appear on “The Ed Sullivan Show.”
- Oct. 25, 1964: The Beatles, Hippodrome Theater, Brighton.
- Oct. 25, 1965: Mono mixes are done for “Drive My Car,” “In My Life,” “If I Needed Someone,” “Day Tripper,” “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)” and “Nowhere Man.”
- Oct. 25, 1967: Mono mix for “The Fool on the Hill” and overdubs on “Hello, Goodbye.”
- Oct. 25, 1968: Led Zeppelin plays what is considered their first gig at Surrey University.
- Oct. 25, 1968: Jimi Hendrix Experience’s album “Electric Ladyland” is released with two versions of album covers, one with naked female models.
“Some Days in the Beatles lives” is a regular feature of Beatles Examiner. Let us know what you like or don’t about it.
Stan is the author of the Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, Vintage Rock ‘n’ Roll Examiner and TV on DVD Examiner columns on knotmove.com.
- Be sure to subscribe to this column by clicking the button at the top of the page.
- Your feedback and ideas are always welcome. Contact us at [email protected]
- See the Beatles Examiner columns: http://knotmove.com/beatles-in-national/steve-marinucci
- Please join us on Twitter: @stevemarinucci and @beatlesexaminer (RT’s are much appreciated!)
- We’re also on Google+
- Search for us on Bing: http://tinyurl.com/3pukbd5 or Google: http://tinyurl.com/3m4k998
- Add us as a friend on our Beatles Examiner page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beatles-Examiner/372042379525
- And if you like this article, please share this article on StumbleUpon, Digg, Twitter, or Facebook!