It doesn’t get any better than a leisurely, luscious weekend breakfast. No need to head out to a restaurant. Pick up some fresh fruit and your favorite pastries* to compliment this simple-to-make, oven-baked omelet.
Souffle-like oven omelet
- 16 eggs
- 2 cups milk; 1% milk works great
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 6 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Stir in cheese, ham and onions.
- Pour egg mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Bake,uncovered, in 350* oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Serves 6 to 8.
*Boston area Roche Bros./Sudbury Farms markets offer fresh, store-baked muffins for $1.00 each EVERY Sunday. Another pastry option, Boston area Shaw’s/Star markets are offering (9/30-10/6/2011) a moist and delicious store-made apple ring cake for $2.99 each.