I am assisting a reputable Pittsburgh Corporation with a long term contract opportunity for a Senior Payroll Supervisor.
2+ years contract opportunity
The successful applicant will oversee three high performance work teams responsible for performing transactions and analysis related to payroll and will also handle department administrative work.
- Responding to and performing analysis on internal and external transaction/support requests
- Analyzing business requirements and coordinating / supporting work efforts to define and implement new or changed business processes
- Ensuring that functional area is adhering to Corporate Policies and Procedures, SOX and Audit Controls, BSC Service Level Agreements and Targets, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions
- Tracking and reporting the status of Payroll Admin work
- Facilitating various meetings, including monthly team meetings
- Collecting information for and updating scorecard reporting
- Providing assistance in completing team deliverables in an accurate and timely manner
- Building and monitoring the teams annual training plan
- Participating in audits as required
- Overseeing the performance review process
- Scheduling resources to complete required deliverables of functional area and review / approve time entry as required
- Monitoring / developing team members including assigning cross-training to ensure adequate backup and handle personal performance reviews for assigned employees
- Leading various weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual processing as required and special processing as necessary
- Handling special assignments to meet specifications and time requirements
- Strictly adhering to all safety regulations and procedures and ensuring direct reports do the same; handling reporting of incidents appropriately
- Experience supervising payroll activity
- Extensive computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products and payroll software
- Ability to build strategic working relationships and to efficiently interact with internal and external customers such as Tax, Plant and Headquarters Accounting, Cash & Banking, Accounts Payable, various taxing authorities.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with the desire to be proactively involved in continuous improvement initiatives
If you or someone you know is open to exploring a new opportunity, please send an updated resume to Cori Swidorsky – email@example.com
Recommended Links: Informing Job Seekers, Job Searching Strategies, See Who’s Hiring, 1 on 1 career help, Indeed, SimplyHired,Free Online Job Search Workshop , Free Informing Job Seekers Newsletters – By Location