Thursday morning it was announced that Steven Tyler took a dip in the tub on Tuesday. Well it wasn’t your ordinary dip, it was a full faced fall in the bathtub. Nothing fun, a painful and possibly an avoidable accident.
Steven was feeling nauseous due to food poisoning. He was in Paraguay and evidently the food was a little nauseating. Normally the American Idol judge StevenTyler appears in good health and is only 63, but he is fast approaching the age where falls can kill.
This fall might be a wake up call to many fans of Tyler’s age and those fans that have elderly parents visiting or living with them. It is too easy to get comfortable and let the safety guards down.
Steven Tyler is totally believable that this is not a fall off the wagon, but an accident that happened while traveling. People only a couple of years older than Tyler account for the majority of falls in America. Of those 9,500 per year die. Breaking of hips is not insignificant, as many die from hip fractures just months after being injured . Read this article from the AAFP for tips on preventing falls and elder death.
Steven Tyler is lucky, he had a few stitches, and a chipped tooth. All were fixable according to Tyler. The Aerosmith singer had this to say according to People magazine:
“They stitched up my eye. They did a little plastic surgery. And they fixed my tooth. All in one fell swoop.” – Steven Tyler
We are glad that Tyler is okay. Traveling and eating strange food can really do a number on you. Make sure to read the tips in the linked article and keep your family safe in the bathroom. Resting on the bad when ill, may help avoid a win/loss situation in a bathroom tussle.