October 27, 2011 – Steven Tyler spoke out about the fall he suffered when he slipped face first in a hotel shower earlier this week.
The American Idol judge called into NBC’s Today show and explained to Matt Lauer what happened when he fell hard enough to warrant a trip to a Paraguayan hospital.
Tyler spoke about eating something with the Incas, possibly the part that gave him food poisoning that led to the nasty fall.
“Quite frankly, I passed out, I was in the shower and I got nauseous and started to get sick, and just fell on my face,” Tyler said, “I woke up with the running water, wondering where the hell I was.”
Steven Tyler suffers injuries from shower fall at hotel in Paraguay
The rocker also explained that while at the hospital they fixed him “up all in one swoop,” taking care of all his injuries in one shot.
“It was like one-stop shopping,” The rocker continued, “they stitched up my eye, they did a little plastic surgery, and fixed my tooth.”
But, the Aerosmith frontman was also ready to point out that the incident was not due to a relapse into his old partying ways.
“It’s nothing that I don’t understand, I get that people think that,” Tyler added, “it still bothers me a little bit, but it’s something I have to deal with for the rest of my life.”
What do you think? Comment below!
Follow us on Twitter and become a Fan on Facebook to get more entertainment news and celebrity headlines.
More articles by Anna Sanclement.
Go back to the Celebrity Headlines Examiner homepage.
More Top Stories and Headlines
- Bruce Willis expecting a baby with wife Emma Heming-Willis
- Reports claim that Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are in marital trouble
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy lashes out at fellow ‘DWTS’ pro-dancer Derek Hough
- Amy Winehouse’s cause of death was from too much alcohol
- ‘DWTS’: Lacey Schwimmer upset at insulting judges, then insults middle America