Super Bowl XLVI is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 5, 2012 and Doritos is once again looking for entries into their Crash the Super Bowl commercial contest. Last year’s winning commercial, ‘Pug Attack’ ranked first on USA Today’s Ad Meter and filled winners JR Burningham and Tess Ortbals’ pockets with $1 million in prize money.
Now you have a chance to create the winning commercial and walk away with anywhere from $25,000 to $1,000,000 and there’s more. There is the possibility that the winner could walk away with an extra $1 million in this year’s contest. Details below.
How to Enter the 2012 Dorito’s Crash the Superbowl Contest:
From October 3 through November 21, 2011, enter the 2012 Crash the Super Bowl contest by uploading :30 commercials that share their love for Doritos tortilla chips to www.crashthesuperbowl.com. Five finalist ads will be announced in January 2012. Fans will then vote for their favorite ad online and determine the winning Doritos spot. (continue below)
Each of the five finalists will win $25,000 and a trip to Indianapolis to attend Super Bowl XLVI in a private luxury suite at the game.
Bonus Prizes: Based on the USATODAY Ad Meter bonus prizes will be awarded to the top finalists based on how their ad ranks:
- $1 million will be awarded for an ad that scores the No. 1 spot on the USA TODAY Ad Meter
- $600,000 will be awarded for an ad that scores the No. 2 two spot on the USA TODAY Ad Meter
- $400,000 will be awarded for an ad that scores the No. 3 spot on the USA TODAY Ad Meter
Possible Extra $1 Million: For 2012, Doritos Crash the Super Bowl contest has a something ‘extra’ to potentially give the grand prize winner. Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone from The Lonely Island will also create a Doritos ad that will air during the Super Bowl XLVI –competing with the winning consumer created commercial.
If the commercial made by the consumer gets more USA TODAY Ad Meter votes, the winner will get a bonus $1 million. If the crew at Lonely Island get the most votes, that extra $1 mil will go to a charity of their choice.
Join the Sweepstakes Examiner on Facebook, on Twitter here, or subscribe here for updates on the latest sweepstakes and giveaways.
- Motorola Droid Bionic Sweepstakes: Win NFL tickets, Droid Bionic smartphone
- Hooters Wings for Football sweepstakes: Win a trip to meet Lee Corso
- Domino’s Free Artisan Pizza Giveaway: Win one of 100,000 Domino’s Pizzas
- Win a Miller Lite Man Cave
- Win a trip to Super Bowl XLVI: Pepsi’s Madden NFL 12 Fan Experience sweepstakes
- Win a $5,200 trip to Maui from Tiger Balm