This was another great episode of Survivor: South Pacific on October 26, 2011. If you have not seen the episode yet, this does contain spoilers. Make sure to keep your list of this season’s Survivors handy, as there are still so many! Here is a recap detailing the highlights from this week’s episode:
- Open with RI- Christine vs. Makayla. Frist they take planks off crate; then use the planks to build bridge. Finally, they take planks off and use patterns on the back of the blanks to solve a puzzle. Christine wins by a nose. Makayla realizes how much better can be and wants to be. Bye Bye Makayla. Christine is a legitimate force to be reckoned with.
- Ozzy considers being voted off so that he can go to RI and beat Christine.
- Coach resurrects the dragon slayer, spiritual warrior. Camp has a strong prayer and all feel rejuvenated.
- Tree Mail! Teams are decked out in color paints. We have callers directing blindfolded team members through a course retrieving bags and then putting together puzzle. Upolu wins and immediately they get on their knees for an prayer of thanksgiving. Coach’s Christian roots are displayed nicely.
- Upolu arrives at the movie theater for their reward. Lots of hot dogs and candy. They get to watch the movie Jack and Jill.
- Savaii starts out completely ostracizing Cochrane. Ozzy backs out on the RI offer and then they convince Cochrane he needs to RI to redeem himself. They try to teach Cochrane how to be tough and intimidate Christine to weaken her spirit before the next RI challenge. Cochrane has no interest in being his team’s hero, so this should get interesting.
- Ozzy shows the camp his idol. He is back to wanting to go to RI. Cochrane is thrilled.
- Tribal council: Jeff opens up with Ozzy and asks about finger pointing for the loss. YES! Cochrane screwed up. Group therapy for Cochrane. Jeff feels out their plan and is shocked that Ozzy is going to sacrifice himself. Ozzy is doing it to make a big play and is going out on his own terms. He realizes the merge may not happen and is at peace with his decision. Jeff actually comments about if he is about to trump his huge blunder from his previous season, by going out with an idol in his pocket. Only time will tell. Ozzy briefly pychs everyone for a moment and says he wants to send Cochrane to RI, but then giggles and says: “just kidding”. He gives his idol to Cochrane for safe keeping until he beats Christine and then WILL retrieve the idol from Cochrane. Jeff says if this works, it will be the biggest move in Survivor history.
- Votes: Ozzy- 5 Cochrane-1. Ozzy arrives at RI and true to their story, he throws Cochrane under the bus for story time with Christine.
- Ozzy really needs to take some interpersonal communication classes from Coach!
So what do you think? Will Ozzy’s plan work or backfire? Will he win at RI and will the merge actually happen? If I was a producer, I would scramble with everything I had to extend the merge through one more challenge.
Be sure to catch next week’s Survivor South Pacific and watch the tribes continue their quest for the million dollar prize and the title of sole Survivor. Survivor South Pacific is a CBS program and can be viewed in Raleigh on these channels:
- Local WRAL
- TWC 105, 1105
- AT&T U-verse 1005
- Direct TV 945
- Dish 5
© 2011 Amy Bittinger Kunkle, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a knotmove.com
Please consider reading all my topics:
- Raleigh Food click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Etiquette click here to subscribe
- Raleigh TV click here to subscribe
- National Contemporary Etiquette click here to subscribe
- National Women’s Health click here to subscribe
Do you have a passion for something that you would like to share? Why not write about it with knotmove.com? Click here to link to knotmove.com and start sharing your knowledge today.