Saturday, October 1st at Boulder’s Valmont Bike Park parents and kids will have the opportunity to learn mountain biking skills, safety techniques and spend quality time together exploring 40 acres of natural-surface riding and four miles of trails.
Saturday is Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day, sponsored by Avid4Adventure and the Boulder Moutainbike Alliance (BMA). The event is part of the 8th annual international celebration supported by the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA).
“We are excited to partner with Avid4 Adventure and BMA to bring this worldwide celebration of mountain biking to youth and adults at Valmont Bike Park,” said Kirk Kincannon, director of Boulder Parks and Recreation.
During this expo event participants will receive free mountain bike instruction at the newly opened 40 acre Valmont Bike Park. Avid4 Adventure’s expert instructors will be conducting the clinics between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Online registration is required. ( Visit www.avid4.com to register.)
“Outdoor activity has never been more important for the health of our children than it is today,” said Mike Van Abel, president & executive director, International Mountain Bicycling Association. Kids and bikes just naturally go together. With over 300 “Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day” events being held worldwide on the first Saturday in October, we are very fortunate and excited to have Avid4 Adventure hosting Boulder’s event at the highly acclaimed Valmont Bike Park.”
Boulder “Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day” Event Details:
- Date/Time: Saturday, October 1, 2011 – from dawn to dusk
- Location: Boulder’s Valmont Bike Park – 3160 Airport Rd (Valmont and Airport Road), Boulder. Event will be held rain or shine.
- Free Mountain Bike Clinics: Run hourly from 10AM-2PM.
- Expo: Avid4 Adventure climbing wall and bike tune ups from 10AM-2PM.
- What to bring: Bikes & Helmets for all riders, water, picnic lunch and a blanket (optional), great attitude (required)
Online pre-registration is required to participate in free instructional clinics. Go to www.avid4.com to register. For more info on Valmont Bike Park, visit www.ValmontBikePark.org.
Click here to have future Denver Family Holiday articles delivered to your inbox
* SHARE THIS ARTICLE: Simply click the Facebook ‘Like’ and Twitter icons above.
* Follow Lynda on twitter: ExaminerWriter2
Read past Holiday articles from this Examiner
Write for Examiner – Find out more!