As a new college wrestling season is about to start, Takedown Wrestling will talk to a number of top collegiate coaches Saturday, Oct. 29, the weekly wrestling broadcast announced Thursday.
Scott Casber will be out of the studio (announcing the USA Wrestling Preseason Nationals from the UNI Dome at the University of Northern Iowa), so Bob Selby will host the show, along with Brad Johnson with the Takedown Wrestling Headline News. Listen in this Saturday for Takedown Wrestling 9 to 11 a.m. CDT/10 a.m to noon EDT.
This week’s guests include:
- 9:01: Jeff Murphy with the Kemin Wrestling Report
- 9:15: Brad Johnson with Takedown Wrestling Headline News
- 9:20: Mark Manning — Head coach at the University of Nebraska, newest members of the Big Ten
- 9:40: Rande Stottlemyer — Long-time coach of the University of Pittsburgh Panthers
- 9:50: Ty Barkley — Max Muscle Sports Nutrition Update http://www.maxmuscledesmoines.com/
- 10:01: Scott Hinkel — Purdue wrestling begins its 98th year of competition
- 10:20: Joe Russell — After 17 years as an assistant coach at the University of Minnesota, Russell takes the helm as head coach at George Mason University
- 10:40: Willie Saylor of TheOpenMat.com joins us LIVE from the Super 32 wrestling tournament
- 10:50: Amy Williams of Wildrose Casino and Resort
Fans, athletes, coaches: This is your sport. Join in the conversation LIVE, ask questions. Call 866-333-5966 or 515-204-5966.
Takedown Wrestling is available on radio on AM 1460 KXNO in Iowa, online at Livesportsvideo.com, or on your Blackberry or iPhone with the I Heart Radio App. (Click on KXNO under Sportsradio.)
Keep up with college wrestling all year ’round! It may be the offseason, but there’s always something new going on — coach hirings and firings, new programs, new recruits, and more. Click the “subscribe” button on this page to be among the first to know… and make sure you don’t miss a single thing. It’s absolutely FREE!
College Wrestling 101: Links to College Wrestling Examiner articles answering basic questions about wrestling, including rules, scoring, uniforms, more
Follow College Wrestling Examiner Mark Palmer on Twitter