Fall colors and textures are wonderful inspirations for your new holiday carpet. You can imagine the colors of autumn leaves from a deep russet to yellow to brown; and textures like a plush lawn or a firm leaf-strewn pathway. Proprietor Joe Dollak and his team at The Carpet Shop will work closely with you to ensure you get the right carpeting for you and your home.
Tips to help you choose the right carpet
There is a myriad of carpeting to choose from, and you can make the task much less daunting simply by answering some very simple questions:
- How is the room going to be used (dining, entertaining, guest bedroom)?
- Is there heavy foot traffic in the room?
- Do you have children and/or pets?
- Is there direct access to the outside or to direct sunlight?
Once you have determined the basic function of your carpet, you can focus on color, pattern, and texture.
Tips on choosing the right carpet for your room
The color, pattern, and texture of a carpet will look quite different at home than in the store. To help ensure you have chosen the right carpet:
- Bring an item to the store you want to color-coordinate with the carpet, such as a throw pillow or blanket, fabric swatch, paint chip, or wallpaper sample.
- Once you are down to a few choices, take the carpet samples home to view them in your room.
- To help you visualize what the carpet will look like, place the carpet sample on the floor and look at it from different standing and sitting positions.
- View your carpet samples in different parts of the room, such as in front of the fireplace, next to your curtains, and just a little under your sofa.
- View your carpet samples in different lighting, such as direct and indirect sunlight, evening lighting; and under low lighting, such as dimmed lights or candlelight.
Shaw Floors, one of The Carpet Store’s brands, has a Tips, Trends & Care webpage with great advice on selecting the right carpet for your home. Shaw Floors also has a Try on a Floor online function that allows you to upload a picture of your room and try out different carpet colors, patterns, and textures.
New carpet colors, patterns, and textures
New carpet technology has made it possible for homeowners to choose from a very wide array of carpet colors, patterns, and textures. Carpets can be more than just shades of beige; you can find carpet in almost any color. Make a statement with a bold red, or be cool in blue. Of course, a traditional beige carpet will always tie a room together beautifully. Mohawk Flooring, another The Carpet Shop brand, has an extensive selection of carpet colors to ensure you get the right color for your home.
New and exciting patterns are also available; you can make your custom carpet the focal point of any room. Many of today’s modern interior designers create exciting interiors using carpet with interesting patterns and vibrant colors.
New carpet textures are also an outcome of advanced carpet technology. There is a wide variety of textures ranging from plush to rugged, depending on the carpet pile and carpet fiber.
The Carpet Shop offers a Mohawk Flooring line of EverStrand Carpet that is made from recycled plastic beverage bottles. Mohawk Flooring is a GreenWorks company and is committed to protecting the environment.
Shaw Floors is also commited to protecting the environment; the Carpet and Rug Institute has awarded them Green Label Plus certification.
The Carpet Shop is located in the Fox Chase area of Northeast Philadelphia, PA at 7990 Oxford Avenue. Joe Dollak and his team have 40 years of professional floor covering experience, as well as experience in design and construction. The Carpet Shop team will help you with your project, whether it is redecorating a small room or replacing all of the carpets in your home. They will help you choose your carpet colors, measure your space, and recommend appropriate products. For a free estimate, give The Carpet Shop a call at 215.342.5900.