Whoever said flirting has to be complicated, complex or difficult? In all actuality, flirting is easy to do. It takes very little effort and thought, and the less analyzing and planning involved the better. When it’s done off the cuff or in the spur of the moment, the results seem effortless.
Think that you don’t know how to flirt or even where to begin? Well here’s some great news for you – the recipe for flirting is S-I-M-P-L-E. Here’s how it goes:
- S – Flirting involves elements of sexiness and seductiveness. Let your guard down and stop worrying about what might happen, and focus on bringing out your playful inner side. You’ll soon realize that being sexy and seductive takes very little effort with a simple flash of a smile with your mouth and eyes, and letting that non-verbal communication do all the talking.
- I – They used to say beauty over brains, but you can’t go very far without the latter. Intelligence takes us a long way in life. When you open your mouth and have something to contribute, people like it. In fact, they appreciate it. Don’t speak for the sake of saying something, say something of substance. You’ll be surprised where the conversation can take you.
- M – You don’t need to have some complex, well thought out agenda when you go to flirt, but you should have a mission. It can be as simple as just wanting to have a conversation with that special someone you’ve been eyeing all night. Or perhaps you just want to feel better about yourself and make some new friends. Whatever it is, knowing what you want to get out of it helps make the effort become more effortless. The planning is already done for you; all you have to do is make it happen.
- P -Think of flirting as the expression “a piece of cake.” Literally. As in it’s easy to do, but also think about when you eat a piece of cake. (For those who don’t enjoy cake, well [insert here] what you do like!) Cake tastes great, makes us feel good, and brings us some sense of satisfaction. Flirting is meant to do the same. It brings us this sense of pleasure and euphoria, and leaves us feeling more confident than ever.
- L – We all enjoy being around people who bring out the best in us. Be approachable, but more importantly, be likeable. Smile, laugh, converse and have fun. Flirting can be easily conquered when you make other people feel good just by being around you. Be positive and enjoy the moment instead of worrying about what might go wrong or fearing rejection.
- E – The best flirting is effortless. It’s fun, carefree, easygoing and laid back. There’s no stuffiness or lack of confidence involved. You simply go for it without any second thought or hesitation. When you live in the moment and don’t think about what will happen next, it becomes that much more exciting and then you can just sit back and see where it takes you.
So there you have it, the recipe to flirting! Try it out and just remember, be yourself, enjoy the moment and have fun. Flirting is all about what you want it to be and what you make it to be, so keep it simple. Life is always easier that way!