Thinking of changing your hair…type? If you aren’t sure of what kind of work it takes to change your hair all together, read on about extensions.
1. Hair extensions are lengths of hair that is either synthetic or real. The hair itself is attached closely to the scalp by using different methods of your choice. You can have the hair clipped in, sewn in, or even glued onto your scalp.
2. Real hair extensions cost between $800 dollars to $10,000. Human hair extensions typically come from human hairs from India, Asia or Europe. Real hair extensions are more expensive then any other type of extensions and require a particular up-keep.
3. Clip in hair extensions cost between $50 dollars to $800 dollars. These are the easiest to use and are the gentlest types of hair extensions. This method is also deemed to be the safest type to follow through with since they require very little work. To attach them, separate your hair, starting at the neck’s nape, working your way upward. The number of clips used depends on the volume needed. Open the clips, facing them to the scalp. Then simply snap them into place.
4. Weaves are very common and they are tiny hidden braids that hold hair extensions against the scalp. This hair extension can apply tension and add uneven weight to your natural hair where they’re attached. This is a special concern when washing your hair or when swimming or participating in other activities where your hair gets wet. It’s hard to dry hair that’s under the braids, some people with weaves don’t wash their hair as often. Weaves can cost anywhere between $150 to $6,000 dollars.
5. Gluing, bonding and sealing extensions are used on sectioned real hair. Extensions are plaited to your real hair and then painted with a bonding agent that seals the extension surrounding the hair. This hair extension can last up to four months before the bond begins loosening. The prices for such extensions cost between $80 to well over a $1000 dollars.
You always have the option of doing the process yourself or going to a salon. If you are having the extensions adding into your hair for the first time, it is strongly advised to go to a professional.