This week’s fashionable fun events in the SF Bay Area Week of October 3rd thru October 9th, 2011WEDNESDAY
- 2011 Fashion Show Featuring Karen Caldwell Design, Wednesday, October 5, 2011, Four Seasons Hotel – Veranda Ballroom, 757 Market Street, SF, 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
The Bay Area Arthritis Auxiliary and the Arthritis Foundation presents the 2011 Fashion Show featuring Karen Caldwell Design. The special event will feature a reception, silent auction, gourmet luncheon and spectacular fashion show. Ticket cost ranges from $175 to $500, benefiting the Arthritis Foundation.
- Eventbrite Clothing Swap, Wednesday, October 5, 2011, 651 Brannan Street, SF, 6:30 to 8:00 pm
“Women usually love what they buy, yet hate two-thirds of what is in their closets.” – Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic’s Notebook, 1960. Eventbrite is hosting a clothing swap to help us clean out the clothes that are holding us back and new outfits to launch us forward. Bring your new-to-others clothing pieces to swap. Walk the orange carpet and pose on the Step an Repeat for photographers. Enter to win special prizes. Choose from all the clothes brought in for Free and use the Eventbrite photobooth to model your new outfits and become an Eventbrite Facebook star! Ticket price is $10.50 will proceeds benefiting the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Clothing not taken will be donated to a local women’s shelter.
- Craft Bar with Etsy Labs, Thursday, October 6, 2011, Museum of Craft & Folk Art, 51 Yerba Buena Lane, SF, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Author Leanne Praine will be talking about her new book “Hoopla: The Art of Unexpected Embroidery” and leading an exclusive workshop taken directly from the book. Cost of admission is $5.
- Saks Fall 2011 Menswear Preview, Thursday, October 6, 2011, 220 Post Street, Level 5, SF, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Head to Saks Men’s Store to preview four incredible Fall 2011 collections: Kenzo, Haversack, Pringle of Scotland, and Viktor & Rolf. The evening will include informal modeling DJ’ed tunes, light refreshments and shopping! Free to attend. RSVP at 415.438.5411.
Make sure to plan out your weekend wisely, as there are fantastic Bay Area events to check out in addition to all the fashion events. Fleet Week activities start to begin this Friday through the weekend. Get dressed up Friday night for the annual Fur Ball hosted by the San Francisco Zoo. Fashion events to enjoy include:
- Benicia Fashion Night Out, Friday, October 7, 2011, Treasury Commons, First & East D Street, Benicia, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Benicia Fashion Weekend kicks off with a Fashion Night Out of shopping, beauty treatments and socializing at all the local boutiques, spas and salons in the Downtown. Several fashion stores to hit up include Be Chic Boutique, Christina S, Miguelena and Piccolo. No cost to attend, but be prepared to shop!
- Pandora’s Hope Non-Profit Party & Cover Models Agency Fashion Show, Friday, October 7, 2011, Carnelian By the Bay, 1 Ferry Plaza, SF, 6:00 to 10:00 pm
Join non-profit Pandora’s Hope for an evening of fashion, raffle prizes, performances and more. The event is featuring a runway show with the designs of Constance Ng and Cocoa Jeans. Suggested donation of $25 to attend.
Fleet week festivities are in full swing today with the air shows. The best thing about the aerial display is that they can be seen from anywhere in San Francisco, so stop by one of the fashion events and enjoy.
- San Francisco’s Ultimate Women’s Expo, Saturday, October 8, 2011, Concourse Exposition Center, 635 Eighth Street, SF, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Shop hundreds of booths and enjoy free martini and wine tasting, massages, hair makeovers, manicures, facials and more. Connect with inspiring speakers Jane Fonda and Morgan Fairchild. Endless shopping, samples and more at the Ultimate Women’s Expo.
- h.NAOTO grand opening, Saturday, October 8, 2011, 1746 Post Street, SF, 12:00 to 8:00 pm
Naoto Hirooka, designer of the leading Gothic/Lolita fashion brand h.Naoto in Tokyo, is celebrating the 10th Anniversary of his brand and the grand opening of its first U.S. retail store in San Francisco. The event is free for the public and includes informal modeling, one-on-one styling tips from Naoto Hirooka and more. Everyone can use a little edginess of Gothic/Lolita in their wardrobe.
- Jewelry Trunk Show at Terrestra, Saturday, October 8, 2011, 3533 California Street, SF, 2:00 to 5:00 pm
Come to Terrestra and meet jewelry designers Stephanie Hamilton and Christine Hartsock. They will display their latest collections and assist in selecting one-of-a-kind wearable art to your wardrobe. Light refreshments provided.
- Artist Niki Jewelry at Gallery Lulo, Saturday, October 8, 2011, 303 Center Street, Healdsburg, 5:00 to 7:00 pm
Join Gallery Lulo for a preview and talk with the artist Niki Ulehla about her outstanding new collection of work in jewelry. Niki uses precious and non precious material to create her avant garde and beautiful pieces of rings, necklaces and brooches.
- Fashion Under the Stars – Runway Show, Reception & Silent Auction, Saturday, October 8, 2011, Treasurey of Commons, First Street & East D Street, Benicia, 5:30 to 9:00 pm
This feature event for the Benicia Fashion Weekend includes a wine and appetizer reception with silent auction starting at 5:30 pm and runway show from 7:15 to 8:30pm. In addition to styles from local boutiques, Betsy Johnson’s latest collection hot off the runway from New York Fashion Week will be showcased. Ticket cost is $40.
Enjoy last day festivities of Fleet Week, playa fashion on display at Decompression, and the final day of Benicia Fashion Weekend which will include trunk shows and demonstrations. Other fashion events include:
- Marin Outdoor Antique Market “The French Market”, Sunday, October 9, 2011, Marin Veteran’s Memorial Auditorium, 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Almost every neighborhood in France has an outdoor market with a treasure-trove of antiques. Experience this atmosphere at the Marin outdoor antique market where people can enjoy a Sunday stroll through aisles of antiques, collectibles, vintage furniture, jewelry, shabby chic and other unique items. Free parking and free admission.
- Indie Mart: DIY, Design & Music Party, Sunday, October 9, 2011, Three Parkside, 1600 17th Street, SF, 12:00 to 7:00 pm
Come out for an epic day full of indie designers, DIY, music, eats and more. SF Indie Mart highlights unique, independent, local vendors of crafts, clothing, accessories, housewares and more. There will also be DIY stations to get creative at. Donation of $2 requested for admission.